Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,499   Posts: 1,571,578   Online: 1177

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is another interesting option. This 1.3v fixed regulator is in a package about 3mm in biggest dimention: Texas Instruments TPS79913DDCR
    http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...3TZLPXWgeQo%3d

Shooter
    Medium Format
    SMDs are the way to go n very little perifery needed.

Nice find.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I think John's solution is the simplest, proven and most cost effective. I mean 1/16 of a stop is more accurate that the camera itself. Why complicate things?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    1/16 stop? I have never seen a meter with that much accuracy not even hand held meter. Handheld meter has resolution of 1/10 stop and some of them are accurate to that much but not all those that can display reading in 1/10 stop.

Shooter
    35mm
    Why complicate it, indeed. There is no 1/16th stop obviously, but for the sake of "anality" how accurate does it have to be? ;-) In this example, completed repair at BV 6 is one needle thickness off center (and exactly where IS the EXACT center mark in the OM-1 meter display?) There isn't one, so I estimated "how close is this to zero on this $5000 Kyoritsu EF5000 shutter tester? Crap, it's a needle thickness, let's say 1/16th stop" The "error" is so minute it just doesn't matter. I've been servicing OM for 34 years, and in the 15 years using this 1N-6263 conversion with silver oxide battery, not one complaint regarding "accuracy". John

Shooter
    35mm
    I have never own an OM-1 so I can't say much. But I have many cameras with similar meter design. Even with the correct power (that is you supply it with a rock solid external power supply at 1.35V) I have not seen one that is even accurate to 1/3 stop. It can be adjusted to be right on at 1 brightness level but not over a range say from EV5 to EV14 for example. That is why I don't really care for the meter on these type of cameras. I can simply estimate exposure.

Shooter
    35mm

no help

I apologize to the web master for waisting space here. I think this is a valuable service you provide, but not one of the 26 responses addressed my question. I suppose the only people who know how to calibrate an OM1n are the professionals who market their skills at a price. This is just a hobby for me, I'm surprised there isn't another hobbyist with more experience than I have out there somewhere. No matter, perhaps I'll attempt it on my own. Thanks everyone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You're right Chris. Just open the bottom plate of the OM and install the diode, there is plenty of room for it. OTHERWISE.. get a hand held meter, you'll never have to deal this question again.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I bought 25 Schottky diodes on ebay fir $6. I put one in one of my junker OM-1 bodies. It was difficult soldering to the stainless battery contact but it works great. The meter has not been calibrated and the camera has not been serviced, so who knows how in-accurate it is, but the pictures came out fine. Cost about 25 cents. Does anyone really need to build an exotic voltage regulator or a grip with AA batteries?
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    NO. But if you have 25 of em, I'd be interested to take a couple of em off your hands?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin