Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,638   Online: 856

Thread: A Nice Surprise

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A Nice Surprise

Near to me is Dimbola Lodge. This was the home of Victorian photographer Julia Margaret Cameron. It is now a photographic gallery and museum.

I was pleasantly surprised to see on their website that they are now offering a couple of black and white darkroom workshops.

http://www.dimbola.co.uk/photography-workshops.aspx

I think this is a relatively new venture and I think it's a good sign of a renewed interest.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So cheap, too! I'd happily pay 130 quid (sorry, haven't got a pound key) to do a workshop in such an inspiring place. I was a great fan of Melanie Safka in the 1960s and apparently when she sang at the Isle of Wight Festival a couple of years back she went to the JMC museum and was deeply affected by her story and her photographs. Lucky man to be living so close.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin