Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,059   Online: 872

Lower Mainland Vancouver Large Format Gathering/Shoot

John Fee and I are organizing an informal LF gathering/shoot. It will be open to LF users and anyone who is interested in LF. A chance to meet like-minded souls. I Will put the details up here soon. Most likely will occur one weekend in April. Any one out there interested in coming out?

andrew

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never know if I'd be able to get over from the Island, but I'd interested for the sake of meeting other LFers, even if it is in (shudder) Vancouver.

The LF gathering/shoot will happen on Saturday, April 21. We'll meet at White Spot Restaurant for breakfast, which is near the corner of Cambie Street and 12th Ave, Vancouver at 8am. If the weather is fine, we'll be going to either UBC or SFU for some architectural shots. If the weather is crummy, we'll head out to Stave Lake Power Plant museum, which is located just before Mission. I believe there is a $6 entrance fee, but it's worth it.
    Afterwards, we'll have dinner somewhere (if we are out in Mission area we could go to Rocko's Diner!), eat, chat about the day, show prints, etc.
    Please PM me if you are interested, or need more info, directions, etc... I'll be bringing my 8x10 and 14x17, some prints including carbon transfer.

andrew

Looks like five people are coming so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd join you as a medium format "lurker" except I'm already committed to a photo event for the whole day.

Assuming, of course, you would let me .

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I really wish I could come - while I currently live in the Prairies, I am coming home to Abbotsford over the Easter weekend, a timeslot which I realize works for nobody. If I could, I would be there.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Matt, of course you're welcome. Kevin, maybe another time? By the way, I'm from Saskatoon, originally. Saskatchewan of one of my favourite places to lug my camera around, especially southern sask.

andrew

Even if you are not a large format shooter, but curious about it, you are welcome to come along.

See you all tomorrow, rain or shine!

andrew

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin