Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,907   Posts: 1,584,614   Online: 900

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Northwest Alt Photography Spring Meeting, 2 June 2012, 1-4pm, Coquitlam BC Canada

This information came to me as a result of my membership in another photography group in my area, and I'm happy to pass it on:

The next Alternative Photography (analog) meeting of the Pacifica Chapter, Center for Photographic History and Technology has been arranged by Judy Higham, Dan Williams and Craig Huber (Chair).

DATE & TIME: 2 June 2012, 1-4 pm
    Please put this date on your calendars.

Draft Agenda – Craig Huber, Chair
    1. Share work-in-progress via placing our work on tables and chatting with attendees
    2. Discuss progress we have each made in planning for the 22 September 2012 Symposium and determine next steps
    3. Special speaker (tentative, if Judy can find one)
    Refreshments provided

Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship
    we'll meet in the gym - more details coming closer to date of meeting
    1160 Lansdowne Drive
    Coquitlam BC V3B 5V8

Map
    http://maps.google.ca/maps/place?cli...ed=0CEYQrwswBA

Historical photographic methods in use today - the art, processes and techniques of alternative photography. http://www.alternativephotography.com/wp/

This group meets 3 times a year (winter, spring, fall), open to analogue and/or Alternative photographers). ... I hope you can attend.

If anyone has questions about the spring meeting in Coquitlam, please contact Judy Higham "bluejeh" or Craig Huber "CAHUBER", members here on APUG - who welcome contact by APUG private message ("pm").
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt,
    I just made my motel reservation. I'll see you at the meeting.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Hey, that's walking distance from my house!

Shooter
    Multi Format

Update

To anyone interested in Alternative Photography

The aforementioned meeting will feature
    Special speaker Andrew O'Neill, Large format carbon transfer process

Everyone welcome! Hope to see you there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

This was a "Hoot"

Thanks to all who attended - the meeting was great!

Thanks specially to Andrew and all the others who brought prints (including Carbon Transfer!) and cameras and other things to look at.

And I finally got to meet Lillian ("sly") and see her wonderful work in person.

And thanks to Judy, Craig and all the others who did all the work.

Hope the after-meeting shooting sessions go well!
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Matt King;

While not everything in our lives can be fully predictable, is there any interest in doing something similar for this coming Summer in 2013?
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ralph,

I wasn't able to attend the January meeting where ideas for the Spring meeting were discussed so I don't know all that is in the works but I do know that a meeting in the Vancouver BC area is being planned. The dates being considered are a Saturday in late April or early May. When plans are firmed up, I am sure an announcement will be posted here on APUG.

If you are interested in getting on the mail list for the group, go to http://www.altphotopacifica.org/Home.html and leave a request on the "Contact" page. You don't have to worry about getting swamped with email from us - we only send out about a dozen notices a year.

Dan
    Daniel Williams
    Enumclaw WA USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin