Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,563   Posts: 1,545,298   Online: 796

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Polymer Gravure With Diane Alire

Polymer Gravure
    August 19-24th, 2012

What is polymer gravure? Polymer gravure is a process of transferring traditional and digital photographic images along with drawings to a polymer plate thereby enabling the artist to print their images on a variety of archival papers.

If you have missed the hands on experience of working in a traditional darkroom or have wondered how to take your digital images to a whole new level of tonality and creativity, this is the workshop for you. If you draw and have been looking for an easy way of transferring your drawings into the printmaking process, this is also the workshop for you.

In this workshop you will learn how to prepare your photographic images and your drawings for the gravure process. You will be shown how to adjust your images in photoshop in order to maximize detail and tonality. You will also be shown how to expose your images to the photo polymer plate, develop the plate in water and print on a traditional etching press with non toxic water based inks. Instruction will include creating multiple plate gravures and adding chine colle.

My intentions for this workshop are that you experiment, make a small edition of prints if you desire and come away with a solid basic knowledge of the potential of this process.

A note of warning: This process is fun, addictive and you may fall in love with it!

Each workshop participate should bring a selection of images with good contrast on a CD, flash drive or you may bring your photos on the card from your digital camera. If you wish to use existing photographs or negatives, please scan them ahead of time. All images should be at least 300 dpi and jpegs or tiffs. Images should be at least 5” x 7” or larger. If you wish to work from drawings, you should prepare them on mylar or vellum and use an ebony pencil.

If you have any questions about the process or how to prepare your images please contact me artserf@netzero.com

Visit:
    http://www.workshopsinmt.com/Alire-P...avure-Aug.html

Workshops in Montana 7079 Hwy 83 Condon MT 59826 Call to inquire about our event - (800) 922-5255 or Email: sherry@photoformulary.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This looks like a very interesting workshop, if it ever moves east of Chicago I am very interested , Montana is a very big road trip for me. good luck with this.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin