Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,090   Online: 1059

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

clyde butcher's swamop walks

iwas wondering if anybody here on apug had ever attended one of clyde butcher's swamp walks, and if they are worth the trip.i'm afraid ,i couldn't do them with my handicap of needing a crutch for walking.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've conversed with Clyde a time or two but never had the fortune of a meet and greet, let alone a swamp walk. But he is a great guy to talk with.

Keep it light.
    ChrisW
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    that's a good sign already!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Clyde is a great guy and very interesting to talk to. I've been to two of his Labor Day parties at his home near Everglades City; but never ventured on one of his swamp walks while there (been too fearful). Did observe and they do come back quite muddy/soaked up to their necks. Clyde no longer leads them but rather an experienced guide does. There is a 12' gator in his backyard pond. A few years back the curator of Kanapaha Botanical Gardens near Gainesville had his arm tore off by a gator while wading in one of their water lily ponds. They can stay submerged for 5 minutes or more while you're walking/wading into their habitat. I prefer the shoreline with snake boots for my photography ;-)
    Last edited by doughowk; 07-01-2012 at 11:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin