Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,992   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Basic film developing and printing workshop in Dallas, TX

Last Saturday I met with some local photographers who were meeting to show and demonstrate large and medium format film cameras to a group of folks who were digital only or limited to 35mm in their film experience. I just mentioned to the "organizer" of this group that I had an idea for a darkroom workshop and he took to the idea right off. And now it's on their schedule! This is on Meetup.com (I didn't know about it until recently, either) and I am assured that there will be plenty of interest. We'll see. The Dallas Photography Group has over 1000 members and there are other meetup groups in the area even larger!

Stay tuned!

http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-Photogr...ents/84234262/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Great news. It's nice to hear that there is a willing market to learn about film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Kudos David Brown!

Hope the workshop fills and you get as much as your students from the experience.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    There is also a film developing class at Precision Camera in Austin
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Folks have been slow to sign up, but I am assured by the powers that be that people were, indeed, asking for this type of thing. I haven't promoted it too much on apug and other forums, because this group if not really the target audience. However, if you know anyone in the North Texas area that really wants to get started ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey, I'm up to 4, and 6 is the maximum due to darkroom space. Looks like this is a go!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Five!

Shooter
    35mm
    David, I suspect that once word gets around about the fun and success of the first session you might be hard pressed to keep up with demand.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    David, I suspect that once word gets around about the fun and success of the first session you might be hard pressed to keep up with demand.

pentaxuser
    Well, that was sort of the idea.

Seriously, when I brought the idea up to the "organizer", he told me that several in the group had asked for just such a thing. Then, a bit over a week ago, I was concerned because only 1 had signed up. The organizer told me then that there had been more than enough ask for it and he "didn't know where they were". He simply put out an email to the group and it went to 5! Advertising. Who knew?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Full up! Six people signed up and there was (is?) a 7th interested. Six is really all I can squeeze into even my larger than average darkroom (plus I'll have a helper, so that's 8!) Should be fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin