Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,964   Online: 973

Shooter
    Pinhole

Ossabaw Island Workshop---anyone interested?

How many people out there would be interested in a photo workshop on a wilderness island off the coast of Georgia. Ossabaw Island has a population of exactly 3 full time human residents, no bridge to this island and almost nothing but gorgeous wilderness. Check out the website for Ossabaw Artists Collective to see some images by painters and photographers. I was just there and had an interesting conversation for the head of the foundation that basically runs the island and controls access to it in which we discussed turning an old slaughter house into a wet darkroom. There was some concern that photography is now " all digital". I did not agree and would like to prove that idea to be false. If you would like to spend a few days on Ossabaw, let me know so we can steer the powers that be in the direction of a nice new wet darkroom.

Thanks,
    Paula Eubanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Sounds interesting! I live in the coastal Georgia area. I believe Jack Leigh spent time there and there's a book of his images along with images of paintings created by other artists who've spent time there.
    Anything "official" being considered?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have been to Ossabaw and would love to return. It is a special place, otherworldly. Please help me keep up with the project. I can bring others.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm interested. Whether I can swing it depends on finances and timing.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    sounds awesome Paula...I would be glad to help out to run some workshops if this comes together
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin