Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,231   Online: 984

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Gelatin Bromide Emulsion Making

Look here for news: http://www.eastmanhouse.org/events/e...hoto-workshops

Mark Osterman and I have planned a session for March.

The session sold out and there were people on a waiting list so Mark and I decided to open up a new section for the next week

Just a heads up for all of you APUG members.

Best wishes. Look forward to more APUGgers.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, session #1 finished Thursday and everything went well. Mark will probably post some scans of the negatives shot last week. The second section starts Monday.

I would like to thank all of those who attended last week and who will attend this eek.

Thanks also to Nick and Chris for a job well done. They really know how to coat plates, and teach it as ell.

PE

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Bromide workshop #1

Well I was in the first session of the workshop and it was marvelous. Ron, Mark, Nick and Chris (Holmburgers) certainly have the knowlage and talent to teach the workshop very well.

Being at the GEH is great and the staff is so giving of their time and knowlage. I had extra time in Rochester and scheduled time with Joe Strubbel so my GF Sunny could see some original prints. After we were she texted her Mom and told her "I just held Pepper 30." She's still talking about it.

I'm looking forward to cooking up a new batch of bromide emulsion and seeing how it works here in New Mexico and if I can get it faster that ASA 2 first time.

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Joe, thanks for the comment. It was good seeing you again. I hope you make some fine plates now and some fine contact prints!

We will begin planning for the next workshop soon. Hope to see you there.

PE

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would like to attend the next one if I can.
    I was very impressed with the prints Ron showed me a month or two back.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Joe, thanks for the comment. It was good seeing you again. I hope you make some fine plates now and some fine contact prints!

We will begin planning for the next workshop soon. Hope to see you there.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bob;

Thanks. I must say though that I was very impressed with your prints! And thanks for that lovely carbon print.

Ron

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin