Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,011   Online: 673

Shooter
    35mm

Programs like Pittsburgh Film Makers

I would like to take some darkroom and printing classes. A friend of mine suggested that I look into Pittsburgh Film Makers, which I was previously unfamiliar with. It is VERY affordable and the classes are great. Fully film focused option with a variety of interesting classes. Here is the link for anyone that's interested. http://pfm.pittsburgharts.org/certificate-programs

That said, I am curious if anyone is familiar with other programs that are comprehensive AND affordable like PFM?? I've found some community colleges that have a few darkroom or beginner classes. Pretty much any university program is out of question for me because of the price.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you live near Pittsburgh, why look any further. I recently did a workshop with them while at an f295 symposium. It was a great facility and staff. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsurit View Post
    If you live near Pittsburgh, why look any further. I recently did a workshop with them while at an f295 symposium. It was a great facility and staff. Bill Barber
    Same answer here (which class did you take?). My only issue with PFM is that the classes I've wanted to take filled up too fast and aren't offered often enough (imo). But that's more of a sign that the classes are worth taking (and photo majors in the area usually do several of their classes through them).

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not insure pittsburg area and grew up there and have no interest in returning, so that's the reason I'm looking elsewhere. There are certainly other community college options, but i really like the depth of the pfm program.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin