Brass & Bellows Historic Photo Works and Gallery is now open and offering workshops! Custom one on one workshops and group specials available (up to 4). Processes include Wet Plate Collodion, Salted Paper, Gum Bichromate and Cyanotype. Most workshops are 2 days long (cyan is 1 day), covering history, safety, process specifics, and leaving ample time for practice and technique refinement. Also available are “on location” collodion workshops where we travel and do some location shooting, and also photo tours of the St. Croix Valley, where the photos can then be used for an ensuing workshop! (add one whole day for the tour) For more details see the Brass & Bellows website, (some areas still under construction, if you can’t find the info you are looking for, simply contact me for details!).

Nestled in beautiful Marine on St. Croix, Minneasota, Brass & Bellows is a new studio and gallery dedicated to historic photo processes, furthering exposure of these elegant techniques through education and exhibition. Brass & Bellows is located on the St. Croix River, 10 minutes north of historic Stillwater, Minnesota, and 40 minutes from either downtown of Minneapolis or St. Paul and can make for a wonderful weekend (or midweek) escape for a small learning vacation. Stillwater is a wonderful place to stay, with many accommodation options, from motels to B&B’s, and only 40 minutes from the Minneapolis International Airport.

About the instructor, ME! – My name is Dave Molnar. I have been a lifelong analog photographer, and have spent my time learning historic processes from some of the best around, including Christopher James, Keith Taylor, David Hyams, Dick Sullivan, and Tony Gonzales. I grew up in Stillwater MN, and have recently moved back here from Boston where I spent a year at the Art Institute of Boston in Christopher James’ MFA Photography program. Feel free to visit my personal website OddLittleWorld to see some of my work. I currently also teach workshops at the Minneapolis Photo Center, and am a visiting artist/teaching assistant at the College of Visual Arts, my alma mater. I am hoping for acceptance in the University of Minnesota’s MFA program where I will be able to integrate all aspects of photography I love – inspiration, technique, and my desire to teach others. I am currently a Jerome Foundation recipient in the Book Arts Mentorship program in association with the MN Center for Book Arts, learning the wonderful world of artist’s books, and how I can apply my work to this wonderful medium.

If you have any questions, feel free to email for more information at: info@brassandbellows.com