Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,717   Posts: 1,514,830   Online: 915

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    is it just me or everytime i go to kickstarter they want to direct me to amazon?? someone help me here please!!
    Yes, that is correct. Amazon is the billing service for Kickstarter. When the project closes on 3/13, you will be charged the "pledged" amount. You do need an Amazon account, but they are legitimate. That help? Kickstarter could have just as easily choosen Paypal or Google Wallet, but Kickstarter used Amazon's processing system. An account is free too.

Link to Bill's Kickstarter...
    http://kck.st/WZHlmU
    Last edited by zsas; 02-18-2013 at 10:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Add more
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    ...would open up possibilities that are only limited by our imagination...
    Well said, Alex.

And thank you for helping Peter out as well.

It is amazing. 76% of the way there, folks! Thanks BIG TIME to everyone who has gotten involved! We just might get there!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Oh your going to get there alright, just keep positive and construction will be a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Well said, Alex.

It is amazing. 76% of the way there, folks! Thanks BIG TIME to everyone who has gotten involved! We just might get there!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I pledged last week and can't wait to attend my first Photostock. Even if I never get a chance to go the fact that film lovers will be hanging out, shooting and printing makes me happy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post
    Well said, Alex.

Oh you'll get there, heck I'm guessing you'll go over your goal of 30,000 and have some extra funds which I'm sure will come in handy. You can go over, right? Once you hit your goal, I'll kick in a bit more just for good measure. Btw very excited about the print I'll be receiving, always been a big admirer of your work.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jbridges View Post
    I pledged last week and can't wait to attend my first Photostock. Even if I never get a chance to go the fact that film lovers will be hanging out, shooting and printing makes me happy.
    Jbridges - All us Photostocker's appreciate! Hope you make it up north. It is an amazing experience. It's a no pressure and quite fun time. I was looking through the gallery and found this image of Bill I took, a real nice guy and great artist. I had never been to Photostock and drove up the summer of 2011 after reading a thread on APUG re it, I was welcomed like family. Bill kindly invited me into his darkroom trailer where he mixes/devs his wetplate when he takes it on the road. I snapped this of him, a great artist who creates a great community. This Kickstarter is going to deepen our ability to share and more importantly SHOW ideas. As you can tell, Bill's trailer below, barely held the two of us and is not set up for enlarging, teaching, sharing. Learning better printing, chemistry, processes, in person in a facility that can hold more than two folks, is something that Photostock needs to broaden our learning/sharing! And most amazing, not only in one weekend a year, but year round! Hope to see you up north.

Take care,
    Andy

C'mon APUG'rs, let's get this Kickstarter funded.....Bill is almost there!!!! Just that last push is needed....see the link below!
    http://kck.st/WZHlmU

I know bills are coming due soon, but remember, if you pledge today, your credit card wont be debited till 3/13, when the pledge period closes, so keep that in mind! Below per the Kickstarter FAQ:

Q: When is my card charged?

A: If the project you’re backing is successfully funded, your card will be charged when the project reaches its funding deadline. If the project does not reach its funding goal, your card is never charged. That's why we call them pledges.

Another one from 2011...hope to see you all up north this summer, Andy
    Andy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Photographic Workshop Facility for Photostock and Beyond - Kickstarter.

Ok so a little off topic but now is photostock to attend? Is it a pay per class or pay for the week/weekend? The current thing is just a week thing? And the year round classes will be different obviously.

I'm sure there is a website somewhere but I'm on my phone. Lol

Thanks.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After I did my pledge the other day I emailed Michael Johnston of The Online Photographer encouraging him to post on his site about Bill's campaign. Not sure if anyone else alerted him but Mike posted about it today! I think you're a shoe-in after this!

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...2/kick-me.html
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Almost daily, I stop by TOP for its eclectic mix of information. The majority of viewers are probably digital with many never having experienced traditional photography. However, from browsing the comments section, one can find a large number of current and former darkroom users. Many of them should appreciate the value of Bill's workshop project.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographic Workshop Facility for Photostock and Beyond - Kickstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    After I did my pledge the other day I emailed Michael Johnston of The Online Photographer encouraging him to post on his site about Bill's campaign. Not sure if anyone else alerted him but Mike posted about it today! I think you're a shoe-in after this!

http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...2/kick-me.html
    Way to go!
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin