Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,380   Online: 772

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Photographic Workshop Facility for Photostock and Beyond - Kickstarter.

Hello!

This has been posted in the Great Lakes Region of APUG, but I also want it to have wider appeal, so forgive me for posting it again here under workshops.

You might know of the Photostock event I run each summer in Northern Michigan. In fact, you may have joined us there. Originally started in 10 acres of woods I own near Cross Village, Michigan the event has grown a lot since the start in 2006 and we now gather at a country motel in the area. It is a great time and has become one of the highlights of my year to see everyone and share work and ideas.

A long time goal of mine has been to have a permanent, photographic workshop facility and retreat so that we can expand the idea of Photostock and bring in some of the best out there in the photography world to teach not only in summer, but throughout the year. I've considered making temporary modifications at the motel, but this came with its own set of challenges.

What I am now doing is planning a permanent facility to be built on my property where the original gatherings were held. And to get there, I have taken the dream to Kickstarter in an attempt to raise the needed funds to have the structure completed. What I am hoping is that you'll have a look at the campaign and consider lending a hand in getting it done. I am offering a host of rewards that range from a new book published solely for this project for a $35 pledge as well as books, original prints and workshops for a variety of pledge points. I hope you'll check it out, have a look at the promotional video and give some thought to pledging. So far the outpouring of generosity has been stunning and we are already 63% of the way to our goal at this writing. However, as incredible as that is, we are still a good distance from a successful finish.

I feel like this would be a great addition to the photo community located in a beautiful place to relax and concentrate on your work and I hope you will give some thought to lending your support.

http://kck.st/WZHlmU

Thank you!

Bill Schwab

PS. I'd also like to ask that you help spread the word out there as the more people that can be interested, the better. It would be a huge help and I would be most grateful. - http://kck.st/WZHlmU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great video bill. I made it to the last Photostock and it was a really great event and very cool that something of this nature can be done without an entry fee. I'll make this thing sticky for the duration of the event and Good Luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of these days I'll make it to one of the Photostock events. In the meantime I have pledged on Kickstarter and think it a very worthy cause. So I hope many others feel the same and jump on board and help Bill.
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I just backed it! Good luck! Yes, at some point I'd like to go to a photostock as well but for now a small contribution to the goal of adding the darkroom building.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Backed as well. Best of luck Bill, so far you are running a superb kickstarter campaign. I would love to attend a Photostock one of these days. Keep us posted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see the progress every day, and let's keep the momentum going, folks. The funding project is 2/3 there, but the last third might be the most difficult stretch.
    Heidi and I will be contributing before the campaign ends, but need to get a few ducks in a row first.

In the meantime, I have this print for sale, solely to support Bill's campaign. Please have a look.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...ml#post1463495

- Thomas
    Last edited by Thomas Bertilsson; 02-18-2013 at 08:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Bill - Glad to have supported your Kickstarter! And what an outstanding start you've had! You're well on your way! Which is a testament to how many folks appreciate your love of art and ability to create a community!

C'mon Apug'rs, let's get this funded! This is what it is all about! The last 1/3!!!!
    http://kck.st/WZHlmU

Fwiw, when you support a Kickstarter, the funds are not drawn against your credit card till March 13, when the funding period ends for the Kickstarter project.

P.S. Thanks Sean for making this a sticky!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you everyone! We're within shouting distance now! Amazing.

Bill

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Bill - I was going through my images of Photostock and came across this gem, a picture of you doing a neat demo on photogravure from last summer. Obviously you sure made it work at the motel basement meeting room, but bringing in chems, blacking out windows, etc., as you mention in your above post, means that the motel has for sure its safety/space/technical considerations, that this Kickstarter will resolve.

For those who have never been, below is a nice snipet of a heckuva demo from Bill, that if expanded to an artists' retreat, that this project is about, would open up possibilities that are only limited by our imagination...

Last edited by zsas; 02-18-2013 at 11:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Andy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    is it just me or everytime i go to kickstarter they want to direct me to amazon?? someone help me here please!!
    website down for maintenance!

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin