Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,666   Online: 791

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Goldstein View Post
    Dan, if you plan to spend two months in Iceland you should plan on bringing several large barrels of money. Even cheap B&Bs run close to $100US per night, though you can pay less for a sleeping-bag room. Gas is around $8/gallon, but the cars are microscopic and quite fuel-efficient. Everything is expensive. My wife and I have been here for a week and wonder how the Icelanders can afford to live.

On the other hand, the landscape is simply stunning, even with the drizzle and rain we've had for about half our visit. Almost everyone here speaks English. We want to come back, but perhaps in July next time.
    Yeah, it would cost me a fortune....

Steve, after years of experience, I have found I do much more professional level work when not resting comfortably from a hotel or B&B room but instead occupy what I own and use here in the U.S., a well equipped 4x4 camper. I would rent a Defender 110 for about $5,000-$8,000 U.S and really get the work done.

I figure two months would run me about 20K, it is all tax deductible. Besides, I have contacts there that could help me shave off a few or more grand.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 09-02-2013 at 06:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having a great time on this trip! I am at this minute sitting at the base of Dynjandi while the others are climbing all over making what I am sure are great images. As for the storm, it never materialized. At least no more than any other weather here in Iceland. I've seen it pretty bad here weather wise and this trip has so far been the usual... Bits of rain, sun, wind and snow. All make for fantastic photographs. Here's one made just this morning as we were setting out from our hotel...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blogger-image--1844571598.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	73894

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Back home after this trip! Somewhere in the range of 300 negatives to develop! Maybe 2 or 3 will "turn out" ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin