Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,818   Online: 1002

Shooter
    35mm

"Black and White Handbook" - who has one?

Hi and welcome!

I need one information from "The Black and White Handbook" (this book isn't available in Poland). I have Polish colour enlarger head (named Krokus GFA), which scale is based on Agfa colour enlarger heads.
    In "Black and White Handbook" there is information about how this scale compromises with Ilford Multigrade scale. I need certainly this part .
    Would anybody help me with it and take a shoot of this part of book? I'll be very grateful.

With regards from Poland,
    /phariseo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Should be in the Ilford datasheet for contrast control. Your enlarger should be similar to the Meopta.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 10-05-2013 at 04:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    There isn't . Ilford hasn't accounted eastern bloc stuff in this datasheet.
    AFAIK, Agfa adjustments are totally different than any other, and they're contained in this book.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I updated my previous post as the Meopta settings Ilford give are the same as the Agfa settings.

Welcome to APUG BTW

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks .
    Unfortunately it isn't. It's most similiar to Durst (max 130M) one, because maximum value for every colour is 140. If Agfa = Meopta, maybe this Polish head isn't really similar to Agfa?
    Does it make any practical difference in prints contrast? (+- 10 difference in values).
    Last edited by phariseo; 10-05-2013 at 04:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In practice it doesn't really matter, I've never referred to any charts when printing with a colour head, I just add more Magenta or yellow to increase and decrease the contrast. It's only if you want a definite grade.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ah, now I understand! You helped me a lot .

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are at least 4 different density systems one should know when dealing with colour heads:

-) densitometric density

-) Kodak density

-) Agfa density

-) Agfa density from the 50s

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin