Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 715

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Faroe Islands 2014 w/ Bill Schwab

The Faroe Islands with Bill Schwab
    September 2-11, 2014

Limited to 6 adults (5 spaces now remaining)

Come join me this September in what I predict will become the next photographer's destination, The Faroe Islands.

After 7 years of leading group expeditions in Iceland, I thought it time to add my next favorite place on the planet. Mile for mile, this tiny country in the North Atlantic between Iceland and Denmark is perhaps the most beautiful and picturesque place I have yet visited. Soaring mountains and steep cliffs that rise upwards of 3,000 feet directly out of the ocean and a shoreline dotted with serene and colorful villages.

As with all of the trips I lead, You’ll only need worry about all the great photographs you will take. Your cost will include a private, 4-star room with facilities each night and all transportation while in country. It will also include your breakfast and dinner meal each day. Also included is your plane ticket from Copenhagen to the Faroes.

We'll be following in the spirit of my Iceland trips which means this is not a traditional workshop. No class time, no formal critiques, just an intense, no-frills shooting experience for all involved. We will be free to roam and photograph at our leisure and The importance is on spontaneity and vigilance in such a trip and you will be "on" from the time you wake-up in the morning until your head hits the pillow.

For more information and a short film made on a similar trip this past April, please click on the following links.

Thanks for looking and I hope you'll come along

More information and Registration

Short Film

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Where's all the LF gear? Lol

Also, those tilt/shift looking images, was that a "lensbaby"?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Wow this brings back memories, at age 12 I had an "online gf" that lived in Torshavn and we chatted daily online, and even sent each other mail from time to time during holidays, their traditional outfits are really elaborate and they love their color, the architecture is interesting, the outside of the houses in these shots are so cool, where she lived I remember the houses being more boxy and very un-elaborate, the interior windows were just square and functional but not intricate, and the outside looked like aluminum siding but again even less elaborate if you can imagine aluminum siding that is even more "boring" than normal hah! But those were the "modern" functional houses that she lived in, probably a poorer area I would guess. Yet their traditional buildings are really beautiful, colorful, and elaborate almost part of and mimicking nature, such an interesting place! This was my 12 year old perception mind you...

I've always wanted to visit, but sadly the price is too steep for my poor pocket, oh what fun this would be! Especially maybe actually meeting her after 20 years! Hah!
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Where's all the LF gear?

Only had a couple people bring LF gear over the years, but it is certainly welcome.

It's a very cool place, Stone.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab View Post

Only had a couple people bring LF gear over the years, but it is certainly welcome.

It's a very cool place, Stone.
    Thanks, question, so does everyone go together as a group, where a LF guy would be a hindrance to 35mm digital guys?

Or are you totally on your own?

Not having been there, I could see easily missing a lot of great spots because you don't know the lay of the land or know about the good sights, but also shooting a slow format like LF would certainly slow down a digital focused itinerary...

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone know of someone who can come to Iowa and be a nanny for hubby, child, and 2 or 3 elderly dogs? I'd LOVE to go on one of these trips, whatever format gets shot (got most of them anyway).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I went on this last April, it's a fantastic trip, you unpack your suitcase only once on this trip yet see a TON.
    Ike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by deisenlord View Post
    I went on this last April, it's a fantastic trip, you unpack your suitcase only once on this trip yet see a TON.
    That was a great trip, Ike. It was such a crazy year that I sometimes forget. I was looking at the movie the other day and it was raising the hair on my arms. Good times. Glad you were there.

B

See the flick... http://youtu.be/gl4Im4woFQM

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin