Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,083   Online: 950

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    And finally, here is the Syllabus with more information.

Any questions, please contact me. Thanks to moms and Agx for helping me to clarify what this workshop is about.

Pass the word along...
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope cash arrives in time for this.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't think I understand this either, shouldn't this be posted on DPUG?
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone, isn't this perfect for you? Develop film, no darkroom?

Painters like Hopper, Jamie Wyeth and others found inspiration on Monhegan. From a photography perspective, George Tice has done wonderful work there.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I just thought Stone was being sarcastic....

Anyway, thanks Michael. I go back to the island every year now that my brother, an artist, has a place there. Great variety of locations and ever changing conditions on that small island 10 miles out to sea!

We are converting the first floor of his house from a store to a studio/gallery this spring. No darkroom but it should be a great place to work out of with lots of work space. I'm going to leave the agenda flexible to take advantage of the best outdoor conditions, while spending the rest of the time working in the studio-- discussing, developing, scanning and printing.

We'll be developing with caffenol, pyrocat and maybe Rodinal. Beside developing, I'll have a scanner, an inkjet printer and we'll use the sun for a uv light source with van dykes. We may even produce a digital negative or two if we have the time.

I will have medium and large format cameras and film, as well as pinhole cameras at both sizes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2716374697_3c310616e7_b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	79982
    Last edited by iogdka; 01-10-2014 at 08:42 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Better formatting, added a photo...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael R 1974 View Post
    Stone, isn't this perfect for you? Develop film, no darkroom?

Painters like Hopper, Jamie Wyeth and others found inspiration on Monhegan. From a photography perspective, George Tice has done wonderful work there.
    Haha, well, Maine is really quite beautiful. But I can go there on my own, and this particular setup wouldn't really help me at all, as that's what I normally do, develop my own in a Paterson, and I send my scanned images to a printer to have them light-jet printed, not ink jet...
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iogdka View Post
    I just thought Stone was being sarcastic....

Anyway, thanks Michael. I go back to the island every year now that my brother, an artist, has a place there. Great variety of locations and ever changing conditions on that small island 10 miles out to sea!

We are converting the first floor of his house from a store to a studio/gallery this spring. No darkroom but it should be a great place to work out of with lots of work space. I'm going to leave the agenda flexible to take advantage of the best outdoor conditions, while spending the rest of the time working in the studio-- discussing, developing, scanning and printing.

We'll be developing with caffenol, pyrocat and maybe Rodinal. Beside developing, I'll have a scanner, an inkjet printer and we'll use the sun for a uv light source with van dykes. We may even produce a digital negative or two if we have the time.

I will have medium and large format cameras and film, as well as pinhole cameras at both sizes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2716374697_3c310616e7_b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	483.7 KB 
ID:	79982
    Well, yes and no, because it's a hybrid process workshop, it does belong in DPUG doesn't it?

You aren't printing optically, so this kind of discussion is off topic for APUG, or that's my understanding but I could be wrong, I get confused about all that.

Sounds like a fun weekend but I would do it more because it would be fun to shoot WITH other photographers but I couldn't afford it at that price and I don't see what I personally would gain from it since I do all that in my kitchen normally.

I'm sure for someone just starting out this would be a great learning experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Well, yes and no, because it's a hybrid process workshop, it does belong in DPUG doesn't it?

You aren't printing optically, so this kind of discussion is off topic for APUG, or that's my understanding but I could be wrong, I get confused about all that.
    The alternative process people using film negatives and the sun are pretty analogue.

The rest? We can pretend we didn't read that part of the description .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Seriously? If someone shoots and develops film, but they don't make prints with an enlarger, they're not welcome here on APUG?

Wow! That eliminates most of today's best film photographers out there...most use hybrid techniques to some extent.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Also, I post this here on APUG knowing that many who will read it are at a level where they don't <need> this workshop. But maybe some do, and others could pass it along to someone they know who has been interested in film but hasn't taken the plunge or has only dipped their toes in the water. Either way, it is a chance to promote film photography and to work with others in a beautiful place far from the distractions of the "real" world.

I'm pretty excited about how good this workshop will be. Since I'm limiting it to 5 attendees, and my expenses are significant to do it on the island, I actually won't be making a lot of money doing this. It will be a small group in an extraordinary location for a reasonable amount of money.

I'm a bit surprised and saddened about all the negativity here in this forum so far... if you're not interested, that's fine, but I'm doing this because I love doing it and now I have the opportunity...
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin