Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,770   Online: 873

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by iogdka View Post
    I've been a member of APUG for some time now, but haven't been that active. I very much appreciate this site and I've had a bit of an education on its mission here in the past day. I think I'll add 4x5" Silver Gelatin Contact Prints to the workshop agenda, then we'll be totally good to go, right?

65,000+ members. That's impressive.
    If you don't have a darkroom how can you do contact printing? I'm asking cause that would be interesting even to me lol
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    If you don't have a darkroom how can you do contact printing? I'm asking cause that would be interesting even to me lol
    THE SUN !

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    How about a dark closet and a light bulb? For silver gelatin anyway.

As John said, the sun for other processes...
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    Large Format
    By the way, at the workshop we will have a variety of medium format and 4x5 large format cameras available to use.

If you have any friends, spouses or loved ones (), or anyone else who has an interest in film photography, please refer them to this workshop! Wouldn't it be great if your significant other went on photo outings with you? Just sayin'

David

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    While not only a Large Format workshop, we're going to be learning how to shoot with black and white film cameras and process without a darkroom for 5 days on a beautiful island.

We will use 35mm, medium and large format cameras to take photos on Monhegan Island, while learning the basics of film photography—from loading cameras and selecting film through film development to film scanning and printing via inkjet and alternative contact print processes like VanDyke Brown. Instead of a darkroom, we'll be using daylight tanks to process film in the studio on the island. Only the loading of film holders and daylight tanks will have to be done in the dark. Alternating with the learning basic theory of film photography and working in the "darkroom", we will take daily hikes to the extraordinary locations that Monhegan Island provides.

Also assisting in this workshop will be Steve Aimone, of Aimone Art Services, a well known artist and workshop presenter for over 20 years.

More information, syllabus and registration found here:

http://www.davidaimone.com/workshops/film_fall_2014
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm planning on doing just that out here in Iowa. I have a room that can be dark enough (as long as no one else turns on any lights just outside the room) and I won't have water in the darkroom, just the trays. I can take the fixed prints out to the sink for washing and I just plan to do RC for here. I'll be using a small light bulb on a timer (thanks, Rick A) and have a safelight bulb to put in place of the room's light.

This workshop sounds good even to me if it gets me to Maine. Beautiful place to shoot. And I was only shooting smaller stuff the last time I was up there - 4x5 would be so much fun. Any chance there'd be help figuring out movements? I'm definitely a visual learner and reading about Scheinflug (sp?) just whooshes over my head.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by winger View Post
    I'm planning on doing just that out here in Iowa. I have a room that can be dark enough (as long as no one else turns on any lights just outside the room) and I won't have water in the darkroom, just the trays. I can take the fixed prints out to the sink for washing and I just plan to do RC for here. I'll be using a small light bulb on a timer (thanks, Rick A) and have a safelight bulb to put in place of the room's light.

This workshop sounds good even to me if it gets me to Maine. Beautiful place to shoot. And I was only shooting smaller stuff the last time I was up there - 4x5 would be so much fun. Any chance there'd be help figuring out movements? I'm definitely a visual learner and reading about Scheinflug (sp?) just whooshes over my head.
    We can definitely do some work with camera movements in a very small group like we'll have on the island. Don't worry about the technical aspects of the "Scheimpflug", but there are some techniques that can come in handy. This is a great little tutorial...

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tu...using-ts.shtml

Anyway, I do think this workshop will be a blast on this small island 10 miles out in the Atlantic...
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin