Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,489   Posts: 1,542,933   Online: 872

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Return to Film Bootcamp on Monhegan Island, ME - September 2014

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10498197043_deaaa10712.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	79956 Return to Film Bootcamp
    on Monhegan Island, ME
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5846806174_aa5ec574d0.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	79955

Monday Sept 8th through Friday, Sept 12th, 2014

Workshop Description

This Monday to Friday workshop offers the beginning to intermediate film-based photographer an intense immersion into the basic and advanced processes for film photography with basic tools and without a darkroom. You’ll explore materials, methods, and expressive approaches through a series of guided, hands-on challenges designed to increase your technical ability and visual awareness. Take part in classroom exercises, studio sessions and field work in stunning locations 10 miles out to sea on beautiful Monhegan Island, Maine. The workshop will include lecture, interactive discussions and projects, and an independent project you’ll design and execute yourself under the guidance and encouragement of the instructor. This will be a hands-on class. This workshop will focus on creating black and white film images.

Go to http://www.davidaimone.com/workshops for more details.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10498197043_deaaa10712_n.jpg   5846806174_aa5ec574d0_n.jpg  
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wish people would speak plain, concise, and clear English. I really don't get any of this.

Shooter
    Large Format
    What exactly don't you understand? We're going to be learning how to shoot with black and white film cameras and process without a darkroom for 5 days on a beautiful island.

Constructive criticism would be appreciated more than a generalized negative comment.
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I too had difficulties in understanding what this workshop is about. The problem with your description is that it is very generalized.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I can only assume you are going to use a Jobo for darkroom less processing of various formats?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    I can only assume you are going to use a Jobo for darkroom less processing of various formats?
    Bob,

Jobo and Paterson tanks mostly. We'll be using mostly medium and large format cameras; developing in daylight tanks; scanning and printing negatives on an inkjet or contact printing with an alternative process.

I am in the process of writing a more specific syllabus, but I guess I need to go back and re-write the main paragraph with smaller words....
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    That is a smart way to run a workshop, just need a loading room and basic chemical.

good luck.

Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by iogdka View Post
    Bob,

Jobo and Paterson tanks mostly. We'll be using mostly medium and large format cameras; developing in daylight tanks; scanning and printing negatives on an inkjet or contact printing with an alternative process.

I am in the process of writing a more specific syllabus, but I guess I need to go back and re-write the main paragraph with smaller words....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie View Post
    That is a smart way to run a workshop, just need a loading room and basic chemical.

good luck.

Bob
    Thanks Bob, it should be a blast!
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This would neat. So would Photostock. Still, I'll keep an eye on the calendar and the pocketbook.

Shooter
    Large Format
    So, here's a bit more detail, and I will be updating the pdf syllabus on my web site soon!

We will use 35mm, medium and large format cameras to take photos on Monhegan Island, while learning the basics of film photography—from loading cameras and selecting film through film development to film scanning and printing via inkjet and alternative contact print processes like VanDyke Brown. Instead of a darkroom, we'll be using daylight tanks to process film in the studio on the island. Only the loading of film holders and daylight tanks will have to be done in the dark.
    Alternating with the learning basic theory of film photography and working in the "darkroom", we will take daily hikes to the extraordinary locations that Monhegan Island provides.
    Critiques Welcome...
    David Aimone Photography

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin