Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,641   Online: 1093

Shooter
    Multi Format

Alan Ross Workshop giveaway

Third Annual Workshop Giveaway
    Deadline reminder – this Friday February 28

Nothing makes me happier than sharing my knowledge, expertise and passion for photography. For the past two years, I have gifted a 3-day one-on-one workshop at my Santa Fe studio to one dedicated photographer, and I would like to once again offer this opportunity as a way of honoring Ansel's spirit of generosity and accessibility.

The session will be tailored specifically to your needs and aspirations, and we'll use the magical light and landscape of Santa Fe to help you explore your passion and express your vision. The offer is open to photographers of all levels, working traditionally, digitally or a combination of both.

To be considered, just send me an email and tell me in around 200 words or so why you want to study with me and where you want to take your photography. Deadline is February 28th.

Travel, lodging and meals are not included in this offer, and dates are by mutual agreement.

For details on my one-on-one workshops, please visit my website. Looking forward to hearing from you!

http://www.alanrossphotography.com/workshops/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow, what a wonderful opportunity!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Yep, whoever does this will learn a whole lot, it's a chance of a lifetime opportunity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed. It makes me wish I knew 200 words!
    Kick his ass, Sea Bass!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a wonderfully generous offer, and way to honor AA's memory. If I was any good at this stuff I might try to knock out 200 meaningful words. But alas, I'm just a weekend hack, and so would feel guilty competing for such an opportunity when there are so many others so much more deserving.

Best of luck with the session.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh View Post
    Indeed. It makes me wish I knew 200 words!
    ROFL

Pardon any typos, I can't spell and I'm using my phone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since I am trying to gain all the knowledge I can in order to pass it down in workshops that I will teach, I easily came up with 200 words. He is also a nice day's drive away to the South of me, would make for a memorable experience.

Here's to hoping!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    What a wonderfully generous offer, and way to honor AA's memory. If I was any good at this stuff I might try to knock out 200 meaningful words. But alas, I'm just a weekend hack, and so would feel guilty competing for such an opportunity when there are so many others so much more deserving.

Best of luck with the session.

Ken
    Ken, why not try? You don't have to be great to take a workshop. Nobody is. You just have to love photography, and you can learn so much. Who's more deserving than you? All the APUGers focusing on how to push Tri-X to 50,000,000 with Rodinal stand development?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin