Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,160   Online: 1067

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Change the 210 lens and take the Wista. A exercise from Tillman Crane is the 5 minute drill. Have all your stuff packed up and pick a photo op. Anything on your living room wall or backyard is just fine. Pull everthing out, set up the tripod, mount camera and lens, focus, take meter reading insert (empty) film holder and shoot. Pack it all up in under 5 minutes. Do this each night a few times before your trip and you will be awful fast next month. I did this a while before a big trip to the Smokies. At a barn I was photographing a digital guy walked to me and says; "I can't believe how fast you took that picture" He made my day.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I've done the cargo pants and photogs vest and looked like I had bumps growing all over me and had a hell of a time remembering which pocket I stuffed what into. By the time I got back to the car the camera was the only thing in the back pack everything else was in my pockets.
    At least you had it all on your person, instead of having left it in the field.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It is a good workshop and Ron has a good approach and is very helpful....Don't be shy about asking questions, shot set up focus etc.

You also get lots of good practical info on lenses. I took this workshop with Ron a few years ago....what a great time to be in DV....this time of year and this year is exceptional due to the record amount of rain...I would take some color film for sure. Shoot as much as you can...I wouldnt be too concerned about having to hike too far....there are so many wonderful photographs quite close to the car...good luck...I hope to be in the valley in the next two weeks..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin