Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,593   Online: 1280

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Upcoming class @ Glen Echo Photoworks- The Narrative and the Male Form

I'm offering a class starting Friday, September 19 running through November 7 at Glen Echo Photoworks entitled "The Narrative and the Male Form". The course is a seven-week seminar on the use of narrative in figure photography, specializing in using male models.

Why the narrative? I want to encourage students to use the figure in storytelling - conveying motivation, action, and engagement with the viewer. I also want students to consider how they craft a narrative photographically - a narrative can be a diptych, a series of images, or it can be a single frame.

Why the male form? I am choosing to work with male models to provoke thought about questions of gender, identity, and sexuality, and how we convey those ideas. Photographing a man is not the same as photographing a woman. What does it mean to be a man who photographs men? A woman? How are they different, and how are they the same?

There will be three shooting sessions, with at least one model per session. The session devoted to multi-image narratives will have two models, thus the model fee of $150 per person. Tuition is $350.

To register, go to http://www.ssreg.com/glenechopark/cl...042&catid=4403

To see more about the course, view the video below:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...98361853474439

Video credit: Jordan Edwards

To learn more about Glen Echo Photoworks and its programming, please visit their website: http://glenechophotoworks.org or check them out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glenechophotoworks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sounds like an interresting and timely subject. Thanks for the anouncement. I'd be very interested in attending - unfortunately, the commute is prohibitive. Any thought on offering such a course on the left coast?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Brad - I'd love to. Do you know who to approach at RayKo?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    unfortunately, I am not well connected with RayKo but it would seem t be a perfect venue. The guy who owns Glass Key photo in the city might also be suggest a good venue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would like to attend the course butI moved back to the west coast at the end of May.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Steve- If I were able to run the class for a weekend in San Francisco, would you be able to make it up there?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably but Los Angeles would be better, then I could take you offroading.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin