Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,277   Online: 814

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee sent me the address for the darkroom:

110 West Trammell
    Everman, TX 76140

I will be arriving at DFW about 1:30 on Thursday, if I can get on that flight.
    (My wife works for a not yet bankrupt air carrier so I go standby.)

If anyone is on town that early maybe we could hit a museum or gallery before heading over to the darkroom.

Let me know on this thread or PM me.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

Jim C.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have plans with my girlfriend on that day to hit up the Museums in Fort Worth and the science center (she has an itch to see an IMax movie) so if anyone would like to wander around the museums with us (we will be there from about 3pm on) just send me a PM and I can give you my cell phone number.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    any one from out of texas and who is driving, be sure to use your seat belt.
    there is a big push on this week and into next about using seat belts, with the fine being pretty heffty. I speak as one who "knows" , as of this morning, any way.
    They are nice but serious about this seat belt issue.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    hey everyone.
    Ill be coming up on thursday morning, leaving austin around noon (maybe before) so I will be in dallas for that night at the very least. Im planning on coming by the lee's darkroom to meet everyone. Im not sure what Im going to do when I get up there .... never been to any of the D/FW area museums... so I may do that... or perhaps venture out and take some photos.
    if anyone would like to meet up I can give you my cell number. if not then Ill see everyone that evening.

Im planning on bringing a stack of van dykes to get peoples thoughts on them
    and would love to see anyone elses work. (as Im not attending the workshop, it would be nice to see peoples work etc...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I make it into DFW early, I plan on heading over to the Amon Carter museum to see the combined Steiglitz/O'Keefe exhibit of work they produced at Lake George. If anyone else wants to join me i can meet you at the Comfort Inn about 3:00. the museum admission is free and I think the hours on thursday are untill 8:00 pm so one could look around untill about 6:00 and then head over to Lee's. Does not seem to be to far away on the map.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just wanted to warn everyone about DFW traffic....its nothing nice at all. So if you plan on hanging out in Dallas during the day you may want to make your way to Lee's a bit earlier. The traffic may only prolong your commute 30-45 minutes, but the headache involed in sitting in it is best avoided...lol..at least for me
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the traffic warning!

I'll be getting in around 11am or so & I'd sure like to get some photos! Any suggestions or anyone wanting to do this too, let me know!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    I'll be getting in around 11am or so & I'd sure like to get some photos! Any suggestions or anyone wanting to do this too, let me know!
    Can't join you, but if it was me, I'd head to the Ft. Worth museums. You can see some art, the buildings are worth photographing on their own (Kimball and Modern), and you'll be around the corner from the Ft. Worth botanical gardens.

There is the possibility of rain, however.

Good luck!

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anything we need to bring to the workshop? I'm packing my bag tonight.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Anything we need to bring to the workshop? I'm packing my bag tonight.
    Lee told me we should be bringing some photos for Les to look at and bring negatives for him to work with... especially if they are difficult to print.

I'm assuming paper and pen/pencil are appropriate as well as possible bribes for the "teacher".
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin