Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,272   Posts: 1,660,782   Online: 1083

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You didn't hear this from me......this is one time a digital camera comes in handy. You can take little snipets of video (if your's does that) of things he is demoing. I wish I had thought about that before hand.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    aggie Im not in the workshop... but Im taking my little digicam and will snap some photos tomorrow night at the preworkshop get together.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    You didn't hear this from me......this is one time a digital camera comes in handy. You can take little snipets of video (if your's does that) of things he is demoing. I wish I had thought about that before hand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    any one from out of texas and who is driving, be sure to use your seat belt.
    there is a big push on this week and into next about using seat belts, with the fine being pretty heffty. I speak as one who "knows" , as of this morning, any way.
    They are nice but serious about this seat belt issue.
    way OT.. but I can't imagine getting into a car without a seatbelt, and that goes regardless of how many airbags the car may have!

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    well, i am short and the belt cuts across my neck, so with it on, i would loss my head, and with it on i get a raw spot on my neck.

everyone to their own feelings and decisions.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    and aggie, i do have one of those "little devils" in my bag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Won't be able to make it to the darkroom tonight, but will be there bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 9am on Friday.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I didnt attend the workshop... but I drove to dallas yesterday just to meet everyone at the pre-workshop thurs evening get together.... SO MUCH ENVY of the gents and ladies that are attending the workshop today tomorrow and sunday.... Les Mclean is as friendly as any one human could be and so knowledgeable and willing to share that extensive wisdom.
    (Ill promise to work on those highlights les )
    EVERYONE I met last night was just wonderful, photomc, lee, Jim Chinn (GORGEOUS SNAPSHOTS of his new cameras), ann, Jeremy, bwgirl.... EVERYONE (if I left anyone out I just claim its my exhaustion)

Les, Jim, and myself even got out on thursday night and showed our limey friend a good time (with a whole lot of culture too boot)

so great to meet everyone. Les' prints were/are just gorgeous to see in person. Lee has a darkroom Id give up an arm for (and some astounding prints in his cowboy series)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Matt, just to rub it in, the first day has been a blast and I have already learned more about silver gelatin work than I ever knew before--there are still 2 days left!

note: Matt's "better half" is one of the sweetest I have met in a long time.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Matt, just to rub it in, the first day has been a blast and I have already learned more about silver gelatin work than I ever knew before--there are still 2 days left!

note: Matt's "better half" is one of the sweetest I have met in a long time.

damn you jeremy..... Im so jealous.

have fun and tell les and the rest I said hi again, and also...
    tell em I spent the day driving around this gorgeous state taking a whole slew of shots.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've read about this workshop with envy since it was first announced and have gone back and forth in the Heisenburgian uncertainty of having either time or money but not both. Also, since my darkroom's been decomissioned at the house from which we just moved, and is not yet up at the new place, it doesn't seem appropriate for me to either use up slot in the workshop or to devote the priority to it at present.

Still, this workshop looks to me like a once in a lifetime experience for those who are able to attend. Hopefully Lee or one or the other local sages will consider doing a silver gelatin workshop in the area within the next year or two. I'd sure be chomping at the bit to attend.

-KwM- on a Route 66 road trip with the fam in Oklahoma City

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin