Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,440   Online: 1063

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it is Sunday night and the good wishes have been sent...the workshop has ended and MANY new friendships have started. David, Will, Jim, Jeannette (aga BA&WY girl), Ann, JT,Gay, Frank, Bruce, Jeremy, Ron, Lee and Les...How REALLY great to now have a face and voice to put with all the names.

The group fell into place, like we had know each other for a long time and I feel that this was one of the finest groups, and a privilege to work with. As most on this site know Las is not only a true gentleman, but an excellent teacher and a magnificent human being. The level of talent of the entire group was quite humbling for me, these folks do some very excellent work...and of course to see Las' work was a thrill.

Now to get back into the darkroom with renewed excitement and put the new tool Las gave us to work. I can only say that if I ever get a chance to take another workshop form Las, I would do it in a heartbeat and if I could do it with this fine group of individuals would only enhance the experience even more...what a truly wonderful group of people.

Oh, yeah Matt you were missed and maligned all weekend.

Seriously Matt, it was great to meet you and see those Van Dykes in person....if there was any question about how work looks in the gallery...forget about it...Matt's work (in spite of those highlights...sorry could not help myself) are really something to see...so glad you came up.

Can only say, while very tired, I am very sorry for the workshop to end...but now I have so many new friends and that is really something special..

Thanks Guys..and a Big THANK YOU to Lee and Les.
    Last edited by photomc; 05-29-2005 at 10:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Because it Les is really Les and not Las....Ok I'm very tired...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    ... Thanks Guys..and a Big THANK YOU to Lee and Les.
    Ditto from me.

Mike is being a bit humble, however. His contributions were a bit more than as just another of us attendees. Thanks, Mike!!!

Cheers, y'all.

David

PS: Who's "Las" ? (you are tired ...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Ditto from me.

Mike is being a bit humble, however. His contributions were a bit more than as just another of us attendees. Thanks, Mike!!!

Cheers, y'all.

David

PS: Who's "Las" ? (you are tired ...)
    Thanks David...corrected...and a PM to help these tired eyes ... and you both missed the JET that should have been JT...
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We figured that JET might have been a nickname.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will echo Mike's sentiments and add a few of my own.

First, a tremendous thanks to Lee for setting everything up and providing those who made it in on Thursday with such a great welcome. Lee has a darkroom that most of us will only dream of having. To open it up to 12 others for a workshop and share his tme and knowledge demonstrates what tremendous person Lee is.

There are always people that when you encounter them you feel as if you had known them for years. I felt this with all the participants but especially Les. His generosity with his knowledge, not just of the technical aspects of photography but sharing his his ideas about art, creativity and stories from his life was wonderful.

Les answered every question, took every ribbing from the yanks and dished out plenty of his own. I have never met a person of such talent who is so enthusiastic about sharing and exchanging ideas with others. His prints speak to his mastery of craft and vision. I saw prints that contained the most delicate highlights and subtle shadow detail I have ever seen coupled with a great eye for tonality and composition.

When it was all said and done I came away with 12 new friends and a lot of new tools and techniques. I have a new enthusiasm to print and and expose film with that new knowledge in mind.

It was areal treat to see the work of so many others. The talk, laughter and sharing among some pretty different people is a testament to the passion for photography that APUG helps generate.

To sum it up, I got my money's worth the first night and next morning meeting everyone and talking photography with Les. The rest was icing on the cake.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm home! I'm home!! I echo the sentiments of everyone else who was in "Fut Wuth" this past weekend... wow!!! What a great group of people... and so much knowledge!

If I didn't think Les would think I was some sort of "groupie," I'd re-pack & head out to that Montana workshop, too! But... we do NOT want him getting some sort of rock star complex, now do we??

I am rarin' to go & plan on trying out my new-found knowledge first thing tomorrow... Hey! I may even try some toning, too!

Everyone who was at the workshop knows that I have pretty much been self-taught, so this past weekend has been nothing short of a wonder for me... I've felt like a living breathing version of "Amazing Grace"... seriously.

I just want to thank everyone...Les, Lee & Mike, of course, but also everyone else too because you were all so patient with me! Thanks!

.... don't you just love that grin??? Now, after having met me... do you see why I use it??? haha

Frank... you'll be pleased to know that the only thing I bought was a black portfolio case to carry home my most prized possession... that beautiful, awe-inspiring print of Roughting Linn!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Let me also add my thanks to Lee for hosting the workshop, Mike for helping out behind the scenes, and Les for sharing his immeasurable talent.

Meeting fellow APUGers added a great sense of camaraderie to the whole weekend.

I have returned back home re-energized and ready to head to the darkroom to and print those images using what I learned and experienced. I now see possibilities with negatives I have never been able to print to my satisfaction.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Frank... you'll be pleased to know that the only thing I bought was a black portfolio case to carry home my most prized possession... that beautiful, awe-inspiring print of Roughting Linn!
    I think your Hubby would be happy with that result ......me? I was very thankful you drove me to the airport. Thanks again....

To Les and Lee... a great weekend.... thanks a bunch for letting us share in your knowledge.....
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uploaded a few pics from the workshop to my personal gallery. Enjoy!
    RL Foley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's some more pics from the workshop!

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showgall...00&ppuser=1903
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin