Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,901   Posts: 1,555,804   Online: 801

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

Big Cameras at Kerik and Sandys Workshops?

My Ultimate Vacation!

I'd like to touch base with any apugers going to Kerik and or Sandy's Workshops in Montana.....I'd like to bring up a 7 x 17 and a 14 x 17, if there are any apuger's in the class wanting to "meet' such wonderful beasts in person, feel free to grab some J and C film and make some exposures while you are there, I understand we will have time to do some shooting.

I have been able to clear my schedule for the first week with Kerik and am working on the second week to do the carbon class with Sandy.

I think there are a few spots left at this time and these are going to fill up-would sure like to meet some of you apugers....

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dave Don't forget Per's workshop in Nov. The one held in Zion National Park. One of the days, we all set up our cameras in a group, and have a look at brands and sizes we have not seen before. This year looks to have many ULF cameras.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ok Aggie,

What was that date again, I remember committing to go to that one-I will be there, Lord willing and the creek don't rise!

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the precise date hasn't been set yet, but it will be the first part of Nov. When the fall colors are best.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dave,
    Are you driving there? Or how would you ever get a camera that big onto a plane? I'm just wondering as I'm planning to take Kerik's workshop in October.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yes Diane I will be driving up from Las Vegas, It is actually a nice ride...Rt 15 4 lane all the way to Butte and then Interstate 90 to Missoula then 89 up to Condon....piece of cake.....

Any Apuggers considering Kerik's class and maybe deterred by the cost and inconvenience of the flight into Montana is more than welcome to fly into Vegas and ride up with me....often flights into Vegas are quite affordable. I will have plenty of room for one or two apuggers and gear-Ford Excursion diesel-roomy-its a monster-

I have in the past packed 8 x10 equipment and shipped it ahead via UPS and have never had a problem.....Last year I shipped to the Florida Keys UPS and flew care free....I recommend it and you can reasonable insure etc.

Let me know----
    Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dave, I'm signed up for Sandys carbon workshop. Just closed the deal on my 8x10 today and will have it there. I really would like to see the beast. I just picked up a hugo meyer plasmat 480 F5.6 with 830 F11 front. and a Georz berlin420 F5.6 Dogmar. Glass is pretty clean. I picked them up for longs on the 8x10 but research indicates I could go up to 20x24. Are ya drooling yet. I'm driving my dakota 4x4 from seattle area. I'm going to make time to shoot. Sunsets are late this far north. I plan on getting up into the mountains while there. Any body got a motor drive for a dorff?
    Later, John

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks John,

Yep I'm a drooler....am hoping to get into Sandys class also...right now I could stay the weekend or into Tues....am working on it. Will look forward to meeting you...

Any apugers in the area at that time

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    My Ultimate Vacation!

I'd like to touch base with any apugers going to Kerik and or Sandy's Workshops in Montana.....I'd like to bring up a 7 x 17 and a 14 x 17, if there are any apuger's in the class wanting to "meet' such wonderful beasts in person, feel free to grab some J and C film and make some exposures while you are there, I understand we will have time to do some shooting.

I have been able to clear my schedule for the first week with Kerik and am working on the second week to do the carbon class with Sandy.

I think there are a few spots left at this time and these are going to fill up-would sure like to meet some of you apugers....

Dave in Vegas
    I will most likely be there with my 7X17 and 12X20 cameras, both Canhams. Will be working in San Antonio for a couple of weeks in June and from there will most likely spend a week or so in southeast Utah before making my way to Montana.

There will be plenty of time to photograph in the afternoons after the end of the work day. Typically we would knock off around 4 -5 pm but since it does not get dark up there until some time after 9 pm that leaves a lot of time to get out and make some negatives before the sun sets.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 04-23-2005 at 10:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    looks like we have a posse!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin