Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,854   Online: 990

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Children's Portraiture Workshop with Cheryl Jacobs in Denver

Cheryl will be giving a workshop at the Denver Darkroom on Saturday, June 4, Saturday, June 18, and Friday evening July 8. The tuition also includes access to the Denver Darkroom for developing and printing from the beginning of the class to the end. More details can be found at http://www.denverdarkroom.com/workshops/children.html.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Perhaps Cheryl will post her workshop notes here, so that those of us who cannot attend and witness her art can at least have some idea of her methods.

Otherwise I suggest this post (which is nothing more than advertising) be removed.

Graham.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We have this space set aside for those of us who do workshops to post about them. I do not think Cheryl should post her methods that she is trying to make a living from.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gbroadbridge
    Perhaps Cheryl will post her workshop notes here, so that those of us who cannot attend and witness her art can at least have some idea of her methods.

Otherwise I suggest this post (which is nothing more than advertising) be removed.

Graham.

Sorry, Graham but part of the Workshop forum IS to advertise when/where a workshop is coming up. It may be advertising, it is just another way those that are interested find them. Search the threads and find the initial discussion about the workshop forum. Not really any different than the classified's in my mind..both add benefit for those that are interested. Why would Cheryl need to post her methods?
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haven't seen Cheryl around in ages and the link given here isn't to Cheryl's website. Cheryl, if you read this, we'd love to have you back when you can make it. I wish I could make it to one of your workshops, but unfortunately you're just too far away. Hope to see you post some more again soon. With kind regards, Nicole

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheryl and I just talked yesterday while finishing up details and she told me that she has been extremely busy. Cheryl should have this event posted on her web site soon, but I went ahead and used our page since it was ready to go. She did just post a photo in the gallery yesterday, however. http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=7050

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Paul, I just saw the posted image after writing here. Thanks for the update. Been missing her around here lately.
    Cheers, Nicole

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Interesting thread! LOL.

I suggest that Les post his book notes here for those of us who can't buy it. I suggest Jorge post 8x10-sized printable files of his work for those who can't afford them.

Thanks, Paul, for posting the workshop information! I'm looking forward to it.

Nicole, thanks for the welcome back. I do try to check in every so often here, but I'm busier than I've ever been right now -- and have somehow scheduled myself for five shoots in the next six days, after which I leave town for another four. I'm about to hire a (nearly) full-time assistant, so hopefully I'll be around more again. I'd like to have the Denver workshop information on my site shortly, but it's quite appropriate to have it publicized through the Denver Darkroom website, as Paul has done.

- CJ

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin