Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,992   Online: 809

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Printing Workshop in England

We are in the process of arranging a three day monochrome printing workshop with Les McLean centred on his Northumberland darkroom. The date has yet to be finalised but the intention is that it will take place during this coming September or October. Since it will be a hands-on practical course of tuition, and we will be sharing two enlargers, places are limited to four only.
    The intention is to spend the first day photographing, under Les’ tutelage, some of the sites that only Northumberland can offer. The second day will be spent in the darkroom developing, printing, and hopefully emulating Les’ split-grade, and paper flashing techniques. The third day will be spent on archival processing, and toning methods, as well as examining areas of particular interest to participants.
    It is our intention to travel to Northumberland on the day prior to starting the course so that an early start can be made with Les’ the following morning, the return journey home will be made on the fifth day. Our intention is that the photographic discussions can continue over our evening meal at a local hostilely where the first person to mention digital can buy a round of drinks.
    If you are interested in joining us please email me at: photo@graphy.org.uk
    so that further details can be discussed, and any questions that you may have answered.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I could find a way to get over, would be there in a flash...for anyone thinking about this...DON'T, just say you will be there. Les is not only a fine person, but an excellent teacher.

Wonder if the wife would notice I left the house.......
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    ... Our intention is that the photographic discussions can continue over our evening meal at a local hostilely where the first person to mention digital can buy a round of drinks...
    He he he ...

From our experience in Texas, that just might be Les!

Seriously, I second photomc!

Worth your time and money. Now, why couldn't I have been in Northern England rather than home in North Texas. Oh, well ...

Cheers y'all.

David

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    He he he ...

From our experience in Texas, that just might be Les!

David
    That's what I'm relying on. Was he lugging that digital doorstop of his around the USA?
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Dave,

yes he was.

lee\c

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Miller
    We are in the process of arranging a three day monochrome printing workshop with Les McLean centred on his Northumberland darkroom. The date has yet to be finalised but the intention is that it will take place during this coming September or October. Since it will be a hands-on practical course of tuition, and we will be sharing two enlargers, places are limited to four only.
    The intention is to spend the first day photographing, under Les’ tutelage, some of the sites that only Northumberland can offer. The second day will be spent in the darkroom developing, printing, and hopefully emulating Les’ split-grade, and paper flashing techniques. The third day will be spent on archival processing, and toning methods, as well as examining areas of particular interest to participants.
    It is our intention to travel to Northumberland on the day prior to starting the course so that an early start can be made with Les’ the following morning, the return journey home will be made on the fifth day. Our intention is that the photographic discussions can continue over our evening meal at a local hostilely where the first person to mention digital can buy a round of drinks.
    If you are interested in joining us please email me at: photo@graphy.org.uk
    so that further details can be discussed, and any questions that you may have answered.
    Dave.Had no chance of making this but there seems to be few workshops in the U.K. Can we take it that once it has run, you'll give us a quick resume( how does one accent the last e?)

Thanks

Pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin