Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,342   Online: 1062

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Morten - I see you've even divulged my patented bluberry jam film mounting process!

Thanks for the pix - and thanks to you and all the others who were there for a great bunch of strange people!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Strange people? Which of us are you calling strange Ole? The only strange people I met over there were fellow car drivers. Can you imagine what it's like to go from a country where driving at 90mph (144 kph) on the motorway is normal, to a place where no one exceeds the 80 kph (50 mph) limit? It was like driving in treacle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG you mean I would have to slow down if I drove there? My mouth runs faster than 50mph
    Non Digital Diva

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's just so the shock of getting on the real roads won't be too big! I didn't notice many attempts at doing more than 80 kph on those roads?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any Norwegian Blue Parrots around?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Norwegian traffic policemen have no sense of humour, a truly messianic zeal, and plenty of money to spend on high tech gadgets and the overtime needed to use them in the middle of the night. That, and the price of petrol, makes for defensive driving.

There was once a Scandinavian rally that forgot to formally clear the event through the relevant office of the traffic police. The road was clear, marshalls all over the place, there were even local police helping out all over the place. But the traffic cops set up a speed trap, and stopped and fined every single competitor. Unsurprisingly, not many of them had the relevant fine in the car with them, so they were fined for that too, it being against the law not to have basic traffic fines on your person while driving. The Christmas dinner was good that year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin