Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,500   Online: 700

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Great Weeked with Lynn Radedka

I just returned from LA this week after spending the weekend with Lynn Radeka in his Masking Workshop.

The first day, Lynn had Dennis Mcnutt and Steve Francis join us and share their experiences with masking and photography in general. We spent a long afternoon in the darkroom as Lynn demonstrated several masking techniques on one of his negatives.

The next day, we took one of my negatives and made serveral masks for it. The result blew me away. I am now looking at negatives I have made in the past with a whole new perspective.

Lynn has developed his masking techniques with photographic materials into an incredible science. He is achieving incredible results through the use of several kinds of masking including Contrast Reducing, Unsharp Masking, Highlight Masks, Shadow Contrast Increase Masks, Fog Masks, Dodge Masks, and others. He showed me a work print of an image from a previous workshop that was of a large tree without leaves in the winter in full sun. The point of the image was they were masking for highlights in the branches of the tree right out to the very end of each twig!

I went to his workshop with the thought that the use these masks would be complicated and tough to learn. I left with a whole new outlook on how to approach printing.

Lynn is a very effective teacher and has developed a workshop format that covers a lot of ground in a very short time.

I highly recommend this workshop to anyone interested in taking their printing to the next level.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by shicks5319
    I just returned from LA this week after spending the weekend with Lynn Radeka in his Masking Workshop.

The first day, Lynn had Dennis Mcnutt and Steve Francis join us and share their experiences with masking and photography in general. We spent a long afternoon in the darkroom as Lynn demonstrated several masking techniques on one of his negatives.

The next day, we took one of my negatives and made serveral masks for it. The result blew me away. I am now looking at negatives I have made in the past with a whole new perspective.

Lynn has developed his masking techniques with photographic materials into an incredible science. He is achieving incredible results through the use of several kinds of masking including Contrast Reducing, Unsharp Masking, Highlight Masks, Shadow Contrast Increase Masks, Fog Masks, Dodge Masks, and others. He showed me a work print of an image from a previous workshop that was of a large tree without leaves in the winter in full sun. The point of the image was they were masking for highlights in the branches of the tree right out to the very end of each twig!

I went to his workshop with the thought that the use these masks would be complicated and tough to learn. I left with a whole new outlook on how to approach printing.

Lynn is a very effective teacher and has developed a workshop format that covers a lot of ground in a very short time.

I highly recommend this workshop to anyone interested in taking their printing to the next level.
    Lynn was good enough to reply almost instantly to my e-mail about his technique and equipment when he knew I was about 6000 miles away and unlikely to ever be able to attend a course. He was happy to "educate" me

I have had less interest from local suppliers whose business I was much more likely to patronise.

Pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw the results of the Radeka system a couple of months ago and was blown away!
    I wish I had the money to get one
    Mama took my APX away.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin