Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,498   Online: 897

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

message from ilford

found this today, perhaps it has been posted here, but just in case

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...?TOPIC_ID=6872

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like it'll be worth a visit. Any of you over there going along? It's a bit far for me, but it would be good to see some APUG representation.

<edit> I see our very own Les Mclean will be speaking. Most excellent!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, Steve Simmons posted this awhile back..When I first heard of it I thought "great' as I live an hour away.

But the $300 registration fee was a deal killer.
    Some good people there I'd like to meet and discuss with, but for two days of discussion, it seems way high. Ilford is essentially charging us to help gauge their current and future market to some extent.

I support Ilford with product purchases, but not with this.
    Just my CANSHO (cheap ass not so humble opinion) .
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    But the $300 registration fee was a deal killer.
    Some good people there I'd like to meet and discuss with, but for two days of discussion, it seems way high. Ilford is essentially charging us to help gauge their current and future market to some extent.
    I wonder how wise is it to do it this way? $300 is a bit high for a conference, if people dont show up will they conclude there is no support? If they had opened their contest to anybody, not just those attending and limit it to only film exposures they might have been able to better judge the support even if they charged a fee for sending prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't have an info pack yet but I have been in talks with Ilford and they have invited us to be a part of the conference. There will be a discount for APUG subscribers and more information coming soon so stay tuned

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I don't have an info pack yet but I have been in talks with Ilford and they have invited us to be a part of the conference. There will be a discount for APUG subscribers and more information coming soon so stay tuned
    Good to know Sean,

Thanks.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    found this today, perhaps it has been posted here, but just in case

http://www.ilford.com/html/us_englis...?TOPIC_ID=6872
    Looks like the wife is going to let me go. So perhaps i'll see some of you out there.

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wish I could go! I would love the hear Keith Carter speak and of course Les McClean.

Sunny

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sunny,
    Come to the APUG Conference (for far less) and you can have half your hearts desire (Les that is).

I will not only be at the Silver Conference, as will my wife, Paula Chamlee, but we were both recently invited to be speakers. As I understand it, one of the main purposes of the conference is to show support for what I guess is now called analog photography (though I hate the term). As such, it should be right up the alley of members of APUG. The conference is pricier than the APUG Conference in Toronto, however. The pricing of the workshops in Toronto is astoundingly reasonable, and if you cannot get to LA for the Silver Conference, you should try to make it to Toronto. Getting to both would be ideal as they will be very different from each other. I look forward to meeting many of you at one of or the other of the conferences.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin