Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,375   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Seems like mid - january may be our best bet

Night tempts in Zion will dip to about 39 this week. Most likely colder in tight canyons...

We could get lucky - then maybe not...

I am willing to take the chance - and come back again - and again - until everything is right!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Per: I cannot make the workshop, but thanks for the invite.

You'll find higher likelihood of snow and ice in the Kolob Canyons area, but you've got to walk for the images. There is very little that is roadside. It may just be dumb luck, but I've been in very icy and very snowy conditions both in the main canyon and in the Kolob Canyons the last couple of winters. I got that without really trying for it. Timing is everything.

Have fun!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz
    Earlier this year I saw images shot by a friend of mine during late December / early January in Zion. These images showed iced over streams, with imbedded leaves, partial reflections through melted areas. The Canyon looked incredible.
    So, then, why not that time of year? Either December 26-30 or January 2-6? I mean, it's always going to be a crapshoot, so why not check it out "early?" If you want to go back later, then so be it.

I'm for taking a chance on this window of time, even if it isn't dead-solid-perfect. Afterall, the workshop isn't just about shooting. It's the get-together too. Having been to three of your workshops, that was a big part of the equation every other time.

Mark

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dec 5-9 ...

I like shooting in the meadow..the weather is for me not a concern...I just do not want to deal with the shuttle...when my fingers get cold...I like to get back in the car and have another coffee, reload and go out again...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My prefence would be to miss the xmas holiday in favor of a later date. I don't know what the like likely hood of snow at valley floor is -- bu the higher elevations should have snow.

I currently have something of a plan in the eastern sierras for christmas break -- as it's between Mesa and SF. I could alter my plan for ZION.

Shooter
    Large Format

January 2 - 6 ?

How would that work?

Lets hear the pros and cons...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    January 2 - 6 or January 9 - 13 will work for me

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Wong
    January 2 - 6 or January 9 - 13 will work for me
    Hey Wilbur!!! Good to see you on APUG!!! Sorry, I missed you at the last outing (I was in New Zealand).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The later, the better for me and Sharon. In fact, the week of President's Day would be even better (since Sharon gets Monday off that week).
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    any of the posted times i can work with

just dont want to have to use that shuttle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin