Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,229   Online: 820

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnKielty
    Organ Pipe Cactus NM
    Carrizza Plain NM
    Lake Tahoe
    Mono Lake
    Flagstaff AZ --
    Las Vegas NV
    Manhattan
    San Juan Islands
    Seattle -- Puget Sound and Vancouver Island
    Banff
    Glacier
    Jellystone
    Jackson Hole

Guess what those are?

Places where the waitresses are super cute?

Places you were banned from?

(all in fun Shawn )
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Terrace Brook across the street from the El Rio has rooms very close to the same price. Problem with both is no phones, and no meeting rooms. The Big Chief is the next in line price wise. The Best Western ahs 2 large meeting rooms with a big open area between them. The Driftwood has two rooms that are huge with dark closets that could work as a temp darkroom. The campground between Springdale and Rockville is on private land and closed last year. There is a space on the way out to Grafton but all you have is a place to park and dirt. There are three campgrounds, the National park one in side the park. The one you guys stayed at last year. And the one near Virgin about 15 miles from Springdale. The one in Virgin is more an RV park and will with vacancy allow tents and such. The rest of the places are expensive even in the off season. YOu have several B&B's and if you go to the east side there are several Dude Ranches that would have cheaper rates.

No Jim, the house is owned by a guy who has too much money and stays there maybe 3 or 4 times a year. Since I spend 3 to 4 days a week tramping through the area, I might be around when you get here. Zion is after all just a 20 minute drive away for me.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hey, if this workshop is Zion-Free, then where is going to be held?

-R

Shooter
    Large Format

Joshua Tree is next!!!

January 27-28-29

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've spent the last few years in Zion during New Years Eve and either camped near Grafton or stayed at the Best Western. The Bit & Spur is directly across the street from the Best Western and they have live music on NYE if anyone is interested in that sort of thing and they're usually one of the only restaurant open that time of the year.

Where/when is everyone meeting up?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    oh and I almost forgot... Some of my old college buddies run a Westfalia campervan rental company and rent their vans out of Salt Lake City. It's their off-season so they might be into cutting deals for anyone interested. Just mention my name ;-)
    Their website is: westernroadtrips.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just got back from having dinner with Dave Wooten In Springdale. The only resturants that are closed are the small ones that are more fast food (which in Springdale means faster than homecooked) type places. Also the Burp and Slurp ( Bit and Spur) is closed except for weekends and special holidays. I tremember that place as the greasy spoon diner/pool hall when I worked at the Lodge at Zion back in the 70's. Its come a long way since then to be a high toned resuturant. All the places to eat connected to the motels are open. If you are worried about costs go tot he Terrace Brook motel. They have the big family sized units that have two bedrooms, living room and kitchen set up. You could get 6 peoplein one unit and share the expenses and still have a kitchen to cook in. Just buy your food at either Lins or the Farmers market near Hurricane. The two stores in Springdale are extremely expensive and you will pay double if not triple for your food supplies. BIG HINT the Farmers market which is right at the intersection to take you up on the platuea going to Zion, has a special deal going on. Purchase $50 worth of food at the store or what ever they carry, and you get 15 cents a gallon off on your gasoline at their Sinclaire station at the end of the parking lot. Bring your film and other things you would need. Should you run out the closest place to purchase LF film is either Kanab or Las Vegas. Kanab which is less than an hours drive away to the East of the park carries Ilford.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format

We got a great deal!

$49 per room. Each room has 2 queen size beds.

Email me at volquartz@volquartz.com to obtain information and reservation code.

I will be emailing more details to everyone on Monday!

It will be fun! AND there is a bit of ice inside the canyon already!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No ice in the canyon I just got back from trying to chase clouds. It is 51 degrees in the park. The big mountain near here is Pine Valley and it is currently getting a bit of snow at the top. Brianh3ead ski resort didn't open last weekend for lack of snow, but in the past two nights got enough to open today, but that is a lot higher than any of the peaks of Zion. You have to go up on Cedar Mountain to find any good snow or ice. It is raining quite heavily at the moment.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Zion weather camera for anyone whom is interested may be found here: http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/slc/camera/single/Zion.php

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin