Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,438   Online: 698

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnKielty
    Organ Pipe Cactus NM
    Carrizza Plain NM
    Lake Tahoe
    Mono Lake
    Flagstaff AZ --
    Las Vegas NV
    Manhattan
    San Juan Islands
    Seattle -- Puget Sound and Vancouver Island
    Banff
    Glacier
    Jellystone
    Jackson Hole

Guess what those are?
    Well, on my list of places, I could second Banff (Canadian Rockies), Jackson Hole (Tetons). Can we add Oaxaca? Actually Manhattan would be very different from what I normally try to shoot. The Pickwick arms has rooms from 120 or so a night on 51st street. I think I would put my head under a darkcloth only with someone watching my backside.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    [QUOTE=per volquartz]$49 per room. Each room has 2 queen size beds.

Email me at volquartz@volquartz.com to obtain information and reservation code.

I will be emailing more details to everyone on Monday!

Thanks Per,

Now that is a deal! beautiful set up.... I'm registered...can't wait to meet you all!

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Large Format

If the weather holds...

- there WILL be ice in the canyon, along water runs off, at the edge of the river, along creeks, on rocks, perhaps on trees as well.
    IF the weather holds...

It was 22 degrees a few mornings ago inside Zion Canyon.

We have special (VERY INEXPENSIVE) room rates at the Zion Park Inn
    (A Best Western Motel).

If you want to make a reservation please email me so I can give you the discount code!

volquartz@volquartz.com

I will be emailing everyone who is planning to participate - giving details about itinerary, what to bring, etc... So if you want to come but have not responded yet please do so ASAP ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Per and everyone.....I will not be able to make it to the Jan workshop but definitely up for the october workshop... I had a great time this year and look forward to seeing you all again in the very near future... Its been a rough go since I been home.... Trying to fix my house after hurricane wilma... and process film and trying to stay sane..... I did loose my neighbor who let me use a spare room as my darkroom ... sorry to say he past away from a heart attack suddenly 2 days before thanksgiving..... he will dearly missed by me and my family... i need some addresses so i can send out when i have some prints ready to share with everyone from this trip.... its been crazy in florida and still not back to normal.... take care everyone and remember Matt watch out for the deer.... LOL... have a great day Ted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ted, good to hear from you. I hope things will return to normal for you down in gatorland soon.

And yeah...my truck should be out of the body shop this week. Almost totaled by insurance standards...

You should definitely post some of your images from this past workshop.
    Take care, Matt

I'm going to ZION for a few days at least.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    News release,

I will have my personal "Blaze On" camera bags on display at the Zion workshop....
    they have survived the Side Walks on New York, heavy blinding rain and wind, the heat and dust of the Mojave desert, the Colorado river and Black Canyon, and several other unmentionable historic episodes of international insignificance......

no they are not for sale....get your own....

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on
    And yeah...my truck should be out of the body shop this week. Almost totaled by insurance standards....
    Ouch... Glad you are alright Matt. I had not heard about your accident.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur Wong
    Well, on my list of places, ...
    Hey Wilbur!!!

Since we are making lists how about Molokai. I'll be more than happy to do the ground work; I may go over there next month for a weekend.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    News release,

I will have my personal "Blaze On" camera bags on display at the Zion workshop....
    they have survived the Side Walks on New York, heavy blinding rain and wind, the heat and dust of the Mojave desert, the Colorado river and Black Canyon, and several other unmentionable historic episodes of international insignificance......

no they are not for sale....get your own....

Dave in Vegas
    Ha Ha Dave...I was just thinking of ordering another couple dozen....with "Blaze-on" emblazoned on the top...

Thanks for the concern Robert...
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Large Format

ZION is just around the corner...

JANUARY 2 to 6

If you have not signed up PLEASE do so ASAP...

We have great group rates at a great motel at the gate of Zion..

Email me for more info:
    volquartz@volquartz.com

------------------------------------------

Schedule:

Monday Jan. 2:
    Getting to know one another, talking about logistics. Exploring the canyon in the PM.
    Dinner.
    7M "Perception and Visual Content, what makes a great image? - and why?"

Tusday January 3:
    Zion Canyon end of road. parking area. Pre-exposure to control contrast for BW and color. - and for controlling shadow color when shooting color transparency material.
    Basic tripod usage. Basic view camera technique. How to analyze the scene and set up your camera quickly. Reciprocity...

Exploring Zion Canyon.

Dinner.
    7PM. Claire Curran - one of the finest nature color photographers around will show off some of her 4X5 transparencies and talk about how to get the most out of your color emulsions. Claire also knows the area extremely well and has photographed all over the Southwest for many years. In addition to visiting the Wave she has other recommendations that she believes are equally interesting - or perhaps better.

Wednesday January 4:
    We divide into small groups and photograph either in the Canyon or around Grafton Ghost town, Southwest of Springdale.
    Dinner.
    7PM: Shawn Kielty will talk about composition, how to understand the basics, but perhaps more about how to break these basic rules.

Thursday:
    The Wave or White Pocket - or any other destination away from Springdale. We need to talk about logistics Tuesday night and Wednesday AM, in order for everyone to make a decision on where to go...

Late Dinner.

Friday AM:
    Looking at prints, transparencies. The future of photographic paper now that Kodak and Agfa have pulled out of the paper market. No more AZO, no more Polymax Fine Art, no more Agfa Brovira...

Lunch

At this point in time several people plan to drive home. Others may stay and photograph around Zion or the plateau?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin