Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,502   Online: 1076

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Local forcast for the next 10 days has a warming trend. Daytime temps up to 50 to 60's. Overnight down to low 40's. We had a great freak storm yesterday. Lasted for nearly 5 hours. Upper elevations near Cedar City and above the Black Ridge all got blanketed with Snow. Cedar mountain was dumped on. Hurricane/Zion Area had hurricane force winds, and a down pour of several inches of rain. But what do I know about the local weather? I only live here.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format
    - we are grateful for any update you can give us, Agnes. Please be sure of that!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    Local forcast for the next 10 days has a warming trend. Daytime temps up to 50 to 60's. Overnight down to low 40's. We had a great freak storm yesterday. Lasted for nearly 5 hours. Upper elevations near Cedar City and above the Black Ridge all got blanketed with Snow. Cedar mountain was dumped on. Hurricane/Zion Area had hurricane force winds, and a down pour of several inches of rain. But what do I know about the local weather? I only live here.
    "Hurricane force winds"..............A large format photographers best friend!

I will be coming up to Zion on the 1st. Look forward to meeting many of you fellow APUGGER'S.

Ryan McIntosh

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    see you there Ryan,

The best thing for those winds for a lf photog in to get one of those portable duck blinds from Bass Pro and just stake them down....they will withstand and you have room to sit and have your camera on tripod away from the wind...and rain....also very effective for bagging green and blue wings, mallards, and Canada Geese....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by McPhotoX
    "Hurricane force winds"..............A large format photographers best friend!

Ryan McIntosh
    The official report on the winds, they clocked them at 96 MPH. Tim was home alone and thought the windows were going to implode.

To the rest of you, I will be home, but not attending. I was told that I know nothing of Zion National Park (worked there for 2 years, took tours through for a tour company for another 3 years, and hiked every last trail and non trail in the park during the 10 years before I got married that I lived here). I was told that for my help with the workshop last year, that (direct quote) "It was the worst workshop that (per) I had ever had. So everyone enjoy, and have fun. I refuse to be party to something I just get emailed a slap in the face about.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Large Format

?????????

"It was the worst workshop that (per) I had ever had."

I had a great time....thats why we are coming back - not sure about where you got that comment from???

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Back from a nice week, good weather and of course spectacular scenery.
    Met some new people and enjoyed the comaraderie of fellow photogs.

The transparency presentation by Claire Curran was inspiring as well as her dedication to her craft and chosen profession. I feel her work, mainly color, is on par with or even exceeds that of Muench and Dykinga. I believe you will all know her name soon enough.

Per's insight and generosity was ever present, and I look forward to more gatherings.

Thanks to Per for organizing this and to the others who attended.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Guys.... Sorry I couldn't make it... I wish I could have been there.... I just started another semester of teaching and gonna do some still life's with the large format camera's i have and I jut got 2 new ones added to my collection.... I added a Shen-Hao 4x5 and a Toyo got the toyo for less then 200.... It will be good for the students this semester... to learn from and use.... We are doing some more Palladium printing and also some other things... The school finally broke down and bought a UV Lightsource.... Since there is no sun at night .... lol.... it kind of makes since for them to get one its not like you can expose a palladium at night uner the stars lol.... well i will be in cali again in april got to find that place to live since we will be moving there in june.... bringing the whole family this time.... the funny thing is that florida has another storm out in the Atlantic named Zeta and its frickin January.... its not hurricane season anymore.... so they say.... kind of chilly here now but its all good.... lots of hot cocoa and some negs to look at and i am good to go.... take care and looking forward to seeing you all soon.... take care and Per add me to the list for the October workshop i dont want to miss that one.... Ted

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Per,
    What a great time....and what a great group of photographers....btw the APUG T shirts, dark room aprons and coffee mugs are really nice...! good job Blaze-On!

see you all in Joshua Tree!

Dave in Vegas

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin