Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,447   Online: 1040

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

OK, the Zion FREE Workshop is set in concrete!

It will take place in Zion from Monday January2 through Friday, January 6.
    It appears that we will be a good size group and as usual we should all have a great time!

If you have not notified me that you want to participate please do so ASAP!

I have lost count of how many Free Workshops we have had by now - my guess is 15 or 16?

During 2006 we will have 3 Free Workshops, the first one in Zion in January. The next Free Workshop will (as usual) take place in Joshua Tree National Park January 27-28-29. The last Free Workshop of the year in October is still up for grabs! Owens Valley? Yosemite? Or? If you have ideas for a great location please email me!

volquartz(at)volquartz.com

Shooter
    Large Format

You need to sign up right away!!!

The Workshop / Gettogether is filling fast.
    Start 2006 in one of the most inspiring places on Earth: ZION!
    Email me at volquartz(at)volquartz.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails inspire.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz
    During 2006 we will have 3 Free Workshops, the first one in Zion in January. The next Free Workshop will (as usual) take place in Joshua Tree National Park January 27-28-29. The last Free Workshop of the year in October is still up for grabs! Owens Valley? Yosemite? Or? If you have ideas for a great location please email me!

volquartz(at)volquartz.com

How about holding some in the Northeast?

Coast of Maine?
    Arcadia in the fall (Color and B&W)?
    Rural New England in late Spring/Summer?

I am thinking Northeast since I live here and would rather not fly/drive. I am pretty sure Florida would also function as a great destination.

Sincerely,

Hany.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Info for the Pioneer Lodge

Hi -- I know that you want to use the thread. However -- I need to make sure I get this info to some specific folks that demonstrated there interest in staying at the Pioneer Lodge. Unfortunately -- it doesn't look like there will really be a break unless we get up to twelve rooms -- in which case we would get a room for free. Additionally -- it appears that they will be upgrading the cheaper rooms during this time -- and so only deluxe rooms will be available at $89.

I won't really be able to make reservations for anyone -- because they will want your credit card to hold the room. So if you want to stay there -- please make your own reservation, and let them know you are in the Free Zion Workshop. Since only 3 or 4 people were interested -- I doubt that we will reach the 12 room barrier. I personally have enjoyed my stays there -- and will perhaps stay there again. I like the pie the best.

It might be interesting to find out if one of the bigger hotels might give us a break -- this could be really good if they also have a meeting room.

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Best Western has rooms for $65. I do know of a big house with 9 bedrooms that can be rented for that time for $250 a night.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    The Best Western has rooms for $65. I do know of a big house with 9 bedrooms that can be rented for that time for $250 a night.
    LOL! 9 bedrooms eh? Hilldale? Colorado City?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz
    The last Free Workshop of the year in October is still up for grabs! Owens Valley? Yosemite? Or?
    How about someplace close enough to Texas I can drive to it?

Can't make the other 2, but maybe I'll be able to go in October...
    Last edited by Jeremy; 11-29-2005 at 09:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    4x5 Format

El Rio

I think Claire meant for this originally to go to all of us -- So I am responding.

Claire

Hi -- I saw a photo I believe you shot for Sunset Garden -- nice work.

I never cared that much -- last time I was in Springdale with Per we stayed at some rv place and the guy was kind of insulting (to me- but not anyone else as far as I know)-- so I moved down the street to the pioneer. It's a long story. I'd rather stay somewhere with good darkrooms. I do like the pie however.

The El Rio is run by John -- and he has just ten rooms -- which are $39 each -- so he has the deal.. He doesn't have any meeting facilities but the number is

995 Zion Park Blvd
    Springdale, UT
    Phone: 4357723205

I think that he might be the cheapest in town

Claire also points out a free campground -- but I'll be staying indoors -- since it was a bit cold last year at New Years time. See Below.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 6:53 PM
    To: shawnkielty@earthlink.net
    Subject: Re: About Zion ...

Why don't you try the Del Rio Motel in Springdale? I stayed there several years ago and the room was $39.00--and it was clean and comfortable. For those of you who don't know this, there is a free camping area along the Virgin River between the towns of Virgin and Rockville. Ask at the Zion Visitors' Center and they will give you directions.

Claire Curran

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Just a brief note abot the best western -- that may be a very good choice because they may have a meeting room as well -- and frankly -- if it rains -- we're going to need some indoor space. -- they are big enough to handle the whole group and possibly give us a discount

Shawn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Organ Pipe Cactus NM
    Carrizza Plain NM
    Lake Tahoe
    Mono Lake
    Flagstaff AZ --
    Las Vegas NV
    Manhattan
    San Juan Islands
    Seattle -- Puget Sound and Vancouver Island
    Banff
    Glacier
    Jellystone
    Jackson Hole

Guess what those are?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin