Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,105   Online: 846

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast
    lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Darkroom practices Workshop with Les McLean

Darkroom Workshop
    With Apug.org’s own
    Les McLean

When: 27/28/29 of May 2006 (Memorial Day Weekend)
    Where: at my darkroom in Everman, Texas 76140
    Everman is on the out-skirts of Fort Worth, Texas
    On a good map this is just outside the Loop 820 on the
    South side of town. When you sign up we will provide a detailed map of the area.
    What will Les cover: This is a copy and paste from an email from Les where he says,

I will cover:
    Split grade printing and printing with graded papers.
    f stop printing using RH Designs Stop Clock Pro which I will bring and I have one also
    Single, two bath and water bath development.
    The benefits of using different developer dilutions and variations in time.
    Pre and post flashing including burning in with white light using the RH Designs paper flasher.
    Burning and dodging.
    Toning using selenium and gold toners.
    If time allows perhaps one evening we can do some lith printing, this will be a fun night.
    Print Critique
    I will also bring negatives and prints so that the people can see what I print from and the final prints I make.
    I also enjoy using students negatives for my own demonstrations during the workshop for it is a better way for them to appreciate the methods that I'm teaching rather that me use a negative that I've print a thousand times. They can experience the thinking process that I apply to each image that I print for the first time and also the way that I apply the judgments that need to be made.
    It would also be nice to get out and expose some film with them but we have a lot to fit in, however, I'm happy to work as many hours as it takes so we can print through the evening is that is possible. A workshop is not a 9 to 5 experience in my book.

Cost: $450 for the 3 days

For those coming in from out of town there is a Quality Inn about one mile from the workshop and I am trying to get a group discount for workshop attendees.

So, here is a great opportunity to hone your darkroom skills with other like-minded people. Please make your plans now first come first served.

you may email me at click76112@charter.net or Pm me here at APUG.ORG lee is the user name

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That sounds great Lee. My decision maker said that I can go. Let me know how far in advance we need to pony up. Thanks.

Peter
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Having attended one of Les's workshops here in UK I can assure you that you wont be disappointed

Phill
    It is not tradition that secures the survival of our craft, its the craft that secures the survival of our traditions.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I can provide references if required also.

lee\c
    Last edited by lee; 11-27-2005 at 01:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If there is only one workshop you do in your lifetime, it has to be Les McLean's. He is a joy to be around, and extremely good at what he does. Not only can he demonstrate the techniques in a easy to understand manner, but he goes the extra bit and teaches you how to be the best you can be at printing. Any opportunity you have to be at one of Les' workshops take it. You will never be disappointed that you did.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh Man! The ONLY thing that keeps me from signing up for this workshop again is the date. AUGH!!!! :o

I was so priveleged to take this workshop this year, and I learned so much! There is just no way to describe how much this workshop has changed the way I work in the darkroom! I'm with Aggie... if you can take only one... this should be it!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    bump

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Lee! This is an awesome opportunity, and I am definitely interested, but I have to do some research to get a handle on flight, room, and other expenses.

Here are some questions: is there public transportation from the airport to the Quality Inn? will there be transportation daily from the Quality Inn to your darkroom for workshop participants? do you know what this might cost? lastly, what kind of deposit do you need and when?

Thanks for your help!
    Krystyna

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Krystyna,

I can arrange for transportation to and from the airport if need be. I can also arrange transportation to and from the motel to the darkroom. Free I would like at least half around the first of Jan and the rest the first of May.

lee\c

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Bump - How's this workshop shaping up?
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin