Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,727   Online: 1058

Shooter
    35mm

Glamour and lingerie workshop - Atlanta GA area Jan 15th, 2006

Fellow photographers and enthusiasts,

I will be sponsoring a photography workshop on 1/15/2006 in Marietta Georgia. This workshop will feature a great line-up of swimsuit, lingerie, glamour, and nude models. We are only taking a limited number of photographers to preserve a good model/photographer ratio so take a look at the workshop website for information, FAQ's, model line-up, and registration details. The website is at http://www.hgreaves.com/atl-mms-index.htm.

Thanks and happy shooting!

Harold Greaves
    H Greaves Photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a note--

It is generally considered good form to join the site, participate in the site (forums, gallery, etc.) for a while before posting about something for your own profit. In the end, it is probably better business--people here are more willing to work with people they trust.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Matt,

That was a VERY nice way to say what I was thinking.

Well put.

Shooter
    35mm
    I certainly didn't mean to offend any of the site members with my post so I apologize if I did. Just chalk it up as a "forum newbie" mistake.
    -Harold

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The internet is awash with 'glamour' photography, why not peddle your workshop on a more appropriate site?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb
    The internet is awash with 'glamour' photography, why not peddle your workshop on a more appropriate site?
    ...Because there may be people on this site that may be interested. If there aren't that's fine, but I think people should be given the choice to make up their own mind as to what type of photography they want to be involved in.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Mr. Greaves - if you stick around for a while and participate in the discussions, you will see why our members are such a protective bunch. Glamour photography poses (pun unintended) its own unique problems, and I'm sure you have knowledge you could share with us. Furthermore, I haven't yet heard of anyone who has been around here for a while without learning something, too!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As someone who does shoot glamour every now and then, I have to say there are more well known and more widely recognized workshops out there that offer good value - that is they actually teach you something.

A lot of these so called 'workshops' organized by unknowns tend to be 'gangbangs' for guys with cameras. I'd stay away from them in principle.

On the other hand, if you get your jollies shooting 'purdy gurls'....

I can PM anyone that would be interested in attending a more recognized workshop like ones put on by Rolando Gomez, JT Smith or Glenn Specht.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    The great benefit of forums like this is the wealth of experience that comes from the members. I originally started doing these workshops because I was getting emails from a lot of photography buffs that wanted to shoot glamour, swimsuit, etc but couldn't afford the hourly rates charged by "decent" models and couldn't get any good tfp/tfcd models.
    I've been involved in a number of workshops including those friday-sunday weekend workshops with sponsorship from Kodak and lots of great instructors spending time to help photographers improve their craft - these workshops do not fit that mold. These particular workshops are more geared towards those photography buffs that, as Art said, want to shoot with 'purdy girls'. We spend 45 minutes to 1 hour on instruction and 4 hours on shooting because that what the people who come to these workshops/photoshoots prefer. I understand that the whole glamour/swimsuit market is not everyone's cup of tea and I respect that. If anyone is looking for a workshop more geared towards instruction, I would also recommend JT Smith's workshops, not mine.
    I take all the comments that you guys have given me as constructive criticism because I do see the points you are trying to make. All I ask is that you also try to see mine, even if you don't particularly agree with it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin