Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,966   Posts: 1,523,369   Online: 1205

Private Darkroom Workshops with Steve Anchell

These private workshops are for photographers seeking one-on-one instruction in darkroom technique. They are held year round at my home in the Rocky Mountains of Southern Colorado.

While each workshop is tailored to the interests and goals of the photographer, techniques found in my three books, The Darkroom Cookbook, The Variable Contrast Printing Manual, and The Film Developing Cookbook are emphasized. These include film development, VC printing using filter sets and/or split printing, dodging and burning, print flashing, bleaching, toning, archival processing, and more advanced techniques, depending on the skill level of the photographer. There will also be time for testing film and developers.

Each intensive workshop is 5-days, Sunday through Friday, and designed for individuals or two persons enrolling together. Your personal goals are determined based on a questionnaire, personal telephone interview, and a portfolio review on Monday morning.

Workshops include chemistry and paper (students will need to bring their own film for testing). Lodging at the Willow Creek Inn, including a private room and bath, full breakfast and dinner, is available.

For those photographers who are looking for field work I also offer large format, landscape, portrait, and lighting workshops.

For more information on my private workshops, please visit my web site, www.anchellworkshops.com/workshops. You can also call or email me at 719-256-4157, sanchell@ctelco.net or APUG pm. I look forward to working with you to improve your photography skills.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Steve,
    I just wanted to say that Whitman and I truly learned a lot at your workshop (and we thought we knew it all-how pompous!). Your methods are unique, fun and you are skilled at imparting all your years of knowledge to whomever wants to learn. I can't believe how much we learned in 5 days. Can't wait until Nude Noir!
    Patsy

Hello Steve,
    The private workshop was absolutely one of, if not the most valuable workshops I have been involved with. I hope to do a follow up workshop with you after I have printed for a few more months.
    Doris

Shooter
    35mm RF

Anchell Workshop

Hello to all,

I would personally like to recommend to anyone who is interested in improving their darkroom work a personal workshop from Steve Anchell. In my short time in Colorado with Steve my images found new life and a depth I thought i would never achieve. Since then I continued to build on the knowledge gained from Steve and have never been happier with my work.
    So learn from the man who really did write the book on darkroom techniques, you will not regret it!

Carl Oelerich

Shooter
    35mm
    Another recommendation:

After 30 years absence from B&W printing, living in a world of Velvia, a week with Steve had me up-to-speed and up-to-date. It was one-on-one, personal attention, hands-on learning at its very best. Steve is a B&W guru par excellence. This was the best photo educational money I've ever spent.

Greg Whiteley
    alr@dspark.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Anchell workshops

Steve's workshops are the best out there. I learned a tremendous amount in just the one week I spent with him at his home in Colorado. The accomodations for the week were wonderful and the hostess gracious. Steve opened up a whole new world of photography for me that I hadn't had any knowledge of before. His great passion for the work is evident. He's a caring individual with a great gift for teaching...and for patience and humor. Way to go, Steve!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin