Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,873   Posts: 1,583,548   Online: 886

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Thanks!!! AND Joshua Tree FREE Large Format Workshop January 27-28-29

Thanks to everyone who participated in the Zion Large Format Workshop!
    Hope that you all had a great time (I did!!!)
    Grafton is one of my favorite places!!!

A Special Thanks to Shawn Kielty for his presentation on composition. And a Special Thanks to Claire Curran - a master color photographer - for sharing her knowledge and wisdom about color (winter) photography. AND for taking some of the participants way into her secret back country spots - (65 miles of deep sand 4wdr road)...!!!

The very popular Joshua Tree FREE Large Format Workshop January 27-28-29 is just around the corner. Email me to sign up right away!!!

volquartz@volquartz.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    For those who couldnít get there, you missed a good one. This yearís Zion workshop was a great trip! Thanks, Per!

As one who has participated in four of Perís excursionís, I can say without hesitation that itís unlike most workshops that youíll attend, in that, you have a great opportunity to learn from and be inspired by accomplished photographers like Per and Claire Curran, but have the freedom to shoot and explore. Most other workshops Iíve attended are far more structured and leave little prime time for shooting.

More thanks to Per, as well as Claire and Shawn, for sharing their considerable knowledge and experience with us. Thank you to the rest of the gang for making the week a great shoot and fun trip. Iím anxious to see the results of your work. Joshua Tree would be a great place to do that, but it doesnít look like itís in the cards for me this time around.

Thanks again, Per!

Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mark,

Glad to hear the workshop went well. I've only been on the Oregon one last time and really enjoyed myself. I wish I could make the Joshua Tree one, JT is one of my favorite places, but it isn't that easy to come over at the moment for me.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    We missed you in Loen, Per - hope to see you in Stockholm this summer!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Have a great time in Joshua Tree. You simply can't miss! Even in noon day light. One of the most magical places on earth. I live about 2 hours away and go several times a year. Love it there. Wish I had time to join in but "OH Well".

Shooter
    Large Format

An image from Zion...

The Zion workshop is history. It is my hope that we all will get great images in Joshua Tree later this month!
    If you want to participate but have not signed up yet please email me ASAP!

volquartz@volquartz.com

Per
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails graftongrey.jpg  

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Zion workshop was great! I am in the process of developing all my negatives from there, and so far...seems like some great new images!

Anyone that partisapated in the Zion workshop interested in doing a print exchange of one image you made during the workshop? Per?

Huge THANK YOU to Per for putting on these free workshops. I may have never made it up too see Zion if it was not for this workshop, not to mention the several nice photographers I met in the process.

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Thanks Per, and so nice to meet you all, what a great gathering, I needed that...Claire Curran's photographs were stunning to say the least and is one of the most informed photographers of the southwest I have ever met! Inspiring to meet a photographer whose total bread and butter is with a 4 x 5 film camera!
    I stayed over as I am a bit slow with the camera.....just got back, now to get into the unfinished darkroom...

Per thank you so much for your work and great attitude....see you in the desert!

Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    Large Format

There were more than Natural Rock in Zion!

Not Grafton - but Zion...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails springcemetery.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format

Joshua Tree Basic Information

Friday:

Shooting

---------------------------------

Saturday schedule in Joshua Tree is as follows:

We meet at 9AM, get to know one another and become aware of equipment and the physical areas within Joshua Tree.

After that we'll will do a few practical demonstrations:

Proper use of tripod.
    Using a grey card for pre-exposure to control contrast (demonstrated with Polaroid 4x5). If you haven't seen this before you may blow your mind.
    Proper view camera usage will also be covered.
    However, the most important aspect of landscape photography will be discussed after that (How to find the "Essence of a given Scene")!

I am trying to get a couple of guest presenters to participate. Should know a few days beforehand!

Saturday night - shooting until dark - then our annual cook-out / Mexican food supplied and prepared by Greg and Alan. (Alan does not want to charge for this; however a $5 donation to cover some of his expenses would be good.). You are free to bring drinks, snacks whatever - to share with others. We usually have a great campfire and if the weather permits always have a grand time. As the shadows get longer, the stories get bolder...

---------------------------------

Sunday AM (After shooting early AM)
    We will look at prints and transparencies. If you have work you want to show others (transparencies and prints) please bring it...

From around 11 to 2 or so we try to wind up the workshop by answering questions and / or demonstrating technique.

It will be fun. You will meet other photographers, see lots of different cameras (from Holgas to 7"X17" - or larger?) and equipment, hopefully learn new techniques (or share your own?), but most of all be preared for a great time!

Please note that this is a Gettogether / Workshop, which means that you are free to participate or may decide to roam around on your own. No one gets offended!

volquartz@volquartz.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin