Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,851   Online: 929

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope this is appropriate to post here, but may I ask who is attending (at least, so far) the workshop? Also...is there going to be any type of group meetup at the airport to possibly ride in to Tonopah together? That's a heck of a drive from Vegas!

I was hoping to attend, but it looks like hubby will be heading that way without me. Maybe next time!! I'll be there in spirit though.

Look forward to hearing how things are coming along for this.

Shooter
    Large Format

Dorothy...

So far about 16 people say "for sure" - if the numbers keep growing my guess is that we will be over 20 - perhaps 25. We are still over a month away so its a bit difficult to say right now. By March 1st we should have a tally of sorts.

A few people are coming north from Vegas.

As plans are set firmly in the ground we could work out car pooling from Vegas, as several people will come from Arizona and some from Southern California...

Did you email me already?

If not please do and say "I DARE" in the email heading...

volquartz@volquartz.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Per,
    Yep! I emailed you. But when I didn't receive a response, I tapped Jim on the shoulder and he filled me in on some questions I had. I've been having some 'issues' (I'm being polite with that term) with my email, so my note to you may not have made it across. I can resend whatever info you may need if you'd like.

At this point...my husband will be the one flying in for the workshop. Something I know he's really looking forward to. He's a registered member/subscriber here on apug...just not as 'vocal' as I am.

Looking forward to hearing whatever you guys have planned for the workshop. Sounds like it a great experience. Wish I could be there!!!!!!

Shooter
    Large Format

No email, Dorothy...

- just checked...

Please re-send if possible!

volquartz@volquartz.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Resent.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Tonopah Historic Mining Park!

Thought perhaps I would re-generate some excitement! The photo below was made an hour ago inside the Tonopah Historic Mining Park. I had the #8 Cirkut camera set up for my first ever Cirkut panoramic. I made a neg 8" high by 6 feet long! 270 degrees. Value of the neg is of course TBD.

I talked to the nice folks at the park about the work shop. They said if there are 20 or more, a one time fee of $20 will get us the run of the place for all three days! What they did suggest and I will follow up closely is that they would love to have a finished print from each of the photographers involved for their permanent collection.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Jim,

I'd have to add a room on just to hang that print,

also an 8' developing tube would never fit in my darkroom..

Oh and Jim, could you melt off some of those highlights before I get up there.....SBR is a bit much....for my taste!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Dave!! I was scratching my head wondering how the heck I would develop a 7' piece of film when I read your post. I know you were jesting, but I went straight to the back yard and cut a 7 1/2 foot piece os 3" s**t pipe, and the film slides in and fits perfectly. Off to the hardware store to buy some end caps!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Yep that'll work....Patricia Katchur in NYC makes huge murals and does them in the darkroom using narrow troughs.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wife and I are planning to head the old *Jaguar towards Tonapah for the big doings. Will be the first ime in several years that I have attended a "workshop" on any thing other than "living History" so am looking forward to it.

I have not officially signed anything, doe's that mean I can't attend? Have emailed Per as to our intentions, but am still waiting for a reply.

Charlie.............................

*Unlike FEMA, we drive a Ford. Hope you don't mind my little lie!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin