Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,934   Online: 802

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New Workshops

As you all know, I am giving two workshops in emulsion making and coating in 2006. I have under development a total of 3 workshops for the future. They are listed below and I solicit your comments.

1. Emulsion making and coating, a repeat of 2006 with any improvements.

2. Advanced emulsion and coating including multiple layers, blended emulsions and multigrade papers.

3. Advanced color processing. Since I helped develop the C41 and Ektaprint 2/3 processes and the corresponding films and papers for them, there isn't much I don't know about these products. I really can make the elephant dance (so to speak). I am an expert on BLIXes, Fixes, Bleaches and etc. If you do RA processes and use either EK, Fuji, Agfa, Tetenal, or etc chemistry, you are using my 1066 Blix (developed in October 1966 at EK).

If no comments or few comments, no further development will take place. If you show an interest, I will go ahead. It will take me about from now until June 2007 for development taking into account all other commitments.

Your comments are gratefully accepted and any criticisms will be also appreciated.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    All of your workshops are very interesting to me, and depending on logistics, I would try attend any and all.

Jay
    Same here
    RL Foley

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    PE,

I would certainly encourage you to procede, and would be interested in posted updates on your progress!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would be interested in all your workshops.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    PE,

I would certainly encourage you to procede, and would be interested in posted updates on your progress!
    I hesitate to reply with updates as the previous ones have generated an equal share of both encouragement and adverse comments (those negative comments being in PMs and e-mail). I hate to 'toot my own horn' so to speak, and am becoming sensitive to the subject.

Your comments on interest will be enough for now, thanks. Suggestions for subject matter will be taken into consideration.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be interested in all of it. My participation would depend on timing and logistics (yours and mine).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was very intrigued by the threads on photo.net about reverse processing RA4 paper. It is doubtful that I would be able to attend a US workshop on the technique, but I would happily buy a set of workshop notes, were any available. You could use a print-on-demand book service like lulu.com if you want to avoid the hassles of collecting money and packaging and posting the notes.

I would especially be interested in trying to understand how the various stages of the processing interact, and how to tweak and optimise them for different sorts of subjects or effects. In-camera use for ULF colour would be my main aim, but also photograms and conventional printing from transparencies.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I would be very interested in a silver emulsion process to coat on rag paper for contact printing from enlarged negatives.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd be interested in the colour processing course. I'd love to take your course this summer, but it just won't work for me time wise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Carnie
    I would be very interested in a silver emulsion process to coat on rag paper for contact printing from enlarged negatives.
    Ditto.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin