Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,536,021   Online: 1065

View Poll Results: Where would you choose to have a photography workshop

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canyon country of the Southwest--Along the Apache Trail

2 18.18%
  • Great Sand Dunes NM near Alamosa, Colorado

3 27.27%
  • Imperial Sand Dunes California

1 9.09%
  • Mining towns of the Southwest

5 45.45%

Shooter
    Large Format

Poll for projected workshop late summer/fall 2006

I have had a number of people indicate an interest into attending a workshop conducted by me. Those indicating an interest have been interested in a variety of topics ranging from photographing to darkroom practices leading up to advanced darkroom procedures including, but not limited to, sharp and unsharp masking of the camera negative, dye dodging the negative through retouching the negative and producing dye dodging masks.

In my vision of these workshops, when we arrive at the darkroom portion of this series of workshops, I am sure that you will find a total and comprehensive procedure of when and how to utilize the various tools that will be introduced and taught in the workshop. This will enable the attendees to produce satisfying images capable of expressing their inner vision.

My aim is to provide to the attendees a comprehensive list of methods and tools...but unlike many other workshops also a clear and present knowledge of when the specific tool is used effectively to produce the desired result.

I believe the place to begin is through a workshop on photographing. Areas that have been mentioned have been the SandDunes of Southern Colorado. The canyon country of Arizona...more specifically along the Apache Trail. The Imperial Sand Dunes in California. The desert landscape and the old mining towns of the Southwest.

This introductory workshop would be open to all film based photographers and would address all matters subject to composing and exposing the image. The workshop would cover specific exposure methods to arrive at a negative capable of producing an expressive print.

I have listed a choice of suggested destinations and ask you to vote your preference if you would be interested in attending a workshop on these matters.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    "The workshop would cover specific exposure methods to arrive at a negative capable of producing an expressive print."

Does this mean you are going to be teaching the zone system?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Friday
    "The workshop would cover specific exposure methods to arrive at a negative capable of producing an expressive print."

Does this mean you are going to be teaching the zone system?
    I am capable of relating on the Zone System to those who are more comfortable in that orientation since I used it for almost twenty years. I am also capable of teaching several other exposure and corresponding development methods.

In other words, if it "flips your skirt"...I will accomodate you. Or, more concisely I believe that I can find common ground on which to achieve the common goal.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin