Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,754   Online: 844

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Thousands of images have been taken in the Owens Valley...

...and in Bodie.

Yet there are millions of images still out there - just for the taking. Unique viewpoints, fantastic light, images never seen.

Unique images are out there right at this moment - but most likely no photographer there to capture these images...

To be there, to see, to be inspired, and to be able to communite what is seen and felt through photography - that is the challenge!

Be there in October!

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I ve heard you do not need a tri pod permit .. but haven t checked for sure

Shooter
    Large Format

Tripod permit???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    I ve heard you do not need a tri pod permit .. but haven t checked for sure
    Who needs a tripod with a large format camera?

We all follow Wilbur's advice: Camera mount on jogging stroller - next to GPS unit and cup holder! (- And above chain saw and coffee maker!)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You guys can always join me in Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia in October. I'm meeting an APUG member in Adelaide and driving up from there (1500km or so).
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz
    ...and in Bodie.

Yet there are millions of images still out there - just for the taking....fantastic light....that is the challenge!

Be there in October!
    From personal experience light in Bodie Ca. and the Ancient Bristlecone forest in the White mountains E. of Bishop Ca. is the most challenging I've ever come across. Both are well over 8,000 foot elevation and regularly see relative humidity in low single digits. If it's a sunny day and that is the light you'll need to work with, I've seen 5 stops difference between shadows and mid zones. It is TOUGH to deal with. Per's method of pre-flashing the film to bring up the shadows will make believers out of you.

Folks smarter than me take one look and put the camera away. I love to wander in either place, and since problem solving is a photographers real job, I make negs even in bad light.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I ve heard you do not need a tri pod permit
    I need a heavy steel tripod with a chain to suspend the cast iron cauldron. I hope you all like venison stew. Sorry Dave, I think I'll need to pass on making posole this trip.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sharon & I would love to make it again. We had a blast last year. Depends on our move to Boise and new jobs.

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

something there is about a wall

That's standard O P for me, I ve got the 3 wheeled stroller etc, and my own hard hat....but now the camera is bigger... and I was sort of wondering if the crane and fork lift would draw too much unwanted attention.... also erecting stem wall wind breaks really help when patiently waiting for the light.....

Shooter
    Large Format

But Dave...

That's standard O P for me, I ve got the 3 wheeled stroller etc, and my own hard hat....but now the camera is bigger... and I was sort of wondering if the crane and fork lift would draw too much unwanted attention.... also erecting stem wall wind breaks really help when patiently waiting for the light.....
    Think of the wonderful service in Bodie:

- Fresh Coffee served every hour, Donuts provided by Bodie Bakery, Home made ice cream sold on every street corner! Fresh gun battles to photograph every hour - Or are we a hundred and 20 years toooo late??

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have it on the calendar and lookl forward to another great time.
    Abel

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin