Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,915   Posts: 1,556,379   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

The FREE Eastern Sierra Workshop in October...

Tentative dates for Eastern Sierra Workshop = October 23 to October 27.
    (Blaze-on will most likely have his dear radar and cage ready by then!).

If you are interested in participating in a fun and informative workshop which takes place in one of the most incredible places on Earth - The Owens Valley - send me an email.

Please write "OWENS VALLEY 2006" in your email heading.

http://www.pervolquartz.com

volquartz@volquartz.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    ....should be "dear deer radar"...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I sure wish I could go, perhaps next year. I'll be in Australia again in October.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz
    ....should be "dear deer radar"...
    I will have mounted two (high pitch emitting) deer repellant devices on my bumper by then. If those don't work, I'll have some body bags, filet knives..
    and A-1 venison sauce.

Should be fun as it was this past year. Owens Valley has mucho potential for all things photographic. Perhaps I can en[COLOR=DarkRed]DEER[/COLOR] myself to the locals and visit some secret off-the-beaten-path areas...

As usual, thanks for organizing Per..
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Okay, it's on my calender. I'll get ready to make venison chili. If blaze-on get's a big enough buck, maybe I'll make some BBQ'ed ribs.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Eastern Sierra Workshop A Must For Hurricane Ted

Hey All, I will most definitely be attending this year again.... I will wear my deer antler hat to make Blaze-On feel at home.... I will be in Yosemite before that too... For a few days before the workshop.... I'm gonna even try to convince my old man to come along... I do have a few people in mind that are suppose to fly out for the workshop also... Students from the college.... I hope to shoot mostly 8x10 and my restored Kodak 11x14.... I met Clyde Butcher and seen his gallery and studio.... He is a great photographer and got some great stories too..... I got some prints to show this time around... Per are you still thinking about the "Still Life" demo if we have time? I am flying out too cali in 2 weeks if anyone would like to get together maybe that can be arranged..... I will be in Bay Area.... for 10days.... well keep shooting and do not forget the "DEER" Long Live Old Bucky" LOL..... Later Hurricane Ted....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Where is Owens Valley?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You BET! This year I'll make it! I could rent a U-Haul and bring some of the lenses.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ok, alright already, twisted my arm, it s possible I will be Yosemite also around that time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker
    Where is Owens Valley?
    Eastern side of the Sierras (Sierra Nevada Range) ie. east of Yosemite National Park and environs. Within the vicinity is Mono Lake, the steep eastern escarpment of the Sierra Nevada uplift, a ghost town, Bodie, ancient bristle cone pines, and fall aspen folliage if the timing comes out right.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin