Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,107   Online: 855

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Color?

There goes that velvia thinger again. Man, this guy is persistant.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by per volquartz
    why???

Because color rocks!!

Here is an image I shot at your Oregon workshop last May: http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...00&ppuser=2235. I just got a 20x24 inch print of it yesterday.

BTW, I did hear the comment about "colorful calendar art" while I was there (not by you, of course), so I realize that not everyone who participates has the same penchance for color that I do. I just ignored the comment.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Great shot Robert. (All that color is kind of distracting though.)

JK

It really is a nice shot. Color can be a little intimidating because its language is really different. I don't know if I have the capacity to try to master both mediums.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    OK, Here's my 3...

Truck in shed

Nevada

Chair with S

The office chair shot was extremely difficult light wise, but certainly worth it. Even though the print is far from perfect, it has a wonderful sense of the luminosity present there. I tell myself I'll go back on a cloudy day with HP5 and do a perfect one, but I never will. This was done with Efke 25 which aggravated the difficult lighting. Exposure was 30 sec.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    That's exactly why I want to start shooting a little color, too, when I grow up.

Lovely image, Robert.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    That's exactly why I want to start shooting a little color, too, when I grow up.

Lovely image, Robert.
    Thanks Ralph. I just got a 20x24 of this image last week, I can't wait to frame it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's a neg scan of Juls glowing insulators. Maybe we can get her to comment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails insltrs.jpg  

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    Simply BRILLIANT! A stunner Juls. Bravo. (Under his breath, "dammit why didn't I think of that!")
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner
    Wow! Did I do that? What the heck is it? To be serious for a moment (rare for me) I want to say that it was truly a pleasure to meet you all in Tonopah. I learned some valuable lessons from you Per and you were a great host Jim. Thank you for taking me with you and posting my first shot Jason. I am looking forward to Per's next workshop and hope to see you all there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    Simply BRILLIANT! A stunner Juls. Bravo. (Under his breath, "dammit why didn't I think of that!")
    Thank you Jim, from me and my crew of dust kickers, and insulator movers, following the light as it moved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin