Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,152   Online: 886

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Murray,

Sorry to hear you can't join us... this working for a living really does get in the way of life, doesn't it?

What are you shooting with up there in Kitimat?

Cheers

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Can't sleep either eh?

Being from the north coast, the first LF camera I ever saw was the 4x5 camera outfit I ordered through the mail from Zone VI over 20 years ago. It's actually a Wista, as Zone VI hadn't started making their own cameras yet. For film I now use HP5+.

Murray

Shooter
    Large Format

It will be held in British Columbia.

As more info becomes available we'll be sure to post it here, as well as on my website:

http://www.pervolquartz.com/workshops.html

Hope to see a great many Canadian photographers this September.

MF photographers (and smaller) can come too. As long they in their hearts truly want to one day day get with the program and get a biiiiig (real) camera!!!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hi Per - I'm very interested, the charge is no problem, Vancouver sounds great, September is fine. I live in Bend, Oregon so the drive up isn't a problem. Please keep me posted.

Brian

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I've been wanting to go "out west", why not go out west and to Canada?

I'll be looking forward to details, so I might be able to represnt the northeast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Capocheny
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for your interest in the workshop.

Once we've decided on a date... Per and I are going to discuss the nature of the workshop. So, at that time... I'll let you know what we'll be talking about.

As for the "free" aspect... the decision was entirely mine to be made and I decided to charge this minimal amount in order to fund Per's trip up. After all, he will be driving up and spending his time and efforts in order to share his knowledge with us. In fact, Per would have been just as happy to have done this free of charge. But, I'm sure you'll agree that it's always a good thing to be equitable and not take advantage of someone's generosity and kindness.

So, keep an eye out on this posting and Per and I will start to drive this workshop forward, ok?

Thank you

Cheers
    Thanks. I am looking forward to learning more.

The comment about the fee was not a complaint. That is more than reasonable. I was just passing on a "heads up" about the website info being inconsistent.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin
    Matt, Kitimat, really? You've never been here right?!?

Murray
    Murray:

Never been there, but want to, because I've heard from others that Kitimat is interesting, and the journey there is fantastic.

I'd also really like to meet you, and see your work "in real life".

I was of course trying to be mischevious. I just wanted to see how all those who thought Toronto was difficult to get to for the APUG conference, would react to trying to find Kitimat, and figuring out how to get there.

Do you think we should mention to our US friends, that the 4,000,000 or so of us that live in British Columbia are spread over an area that is approximately twice the size of California, or that Texas is about 90,000 square miles smaller than British Columbia?

Matt

Shooter
    Large Format

Thanks Matt...

Website updated - somewhat - still wating for specifics...

Per

http://www.pervolquartz.com/workshops.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can easily take a ferry over to Vancouver for the workshop. I would love another opportunity to meet more apuggers and learn from Per. What I'm not so comfortable with is that I shoot 35mm and maybe would not be welcomed.

Shooter
    Large Format

Kate...

35mm - Holga - Minox are all fine...

The purpose of this workshop is to get everyone fired up about visual perception, analysis of a subject matter and creative photography in general
    The subsequent response by the photographer = reveal what is felt, perhaps more so than what is just "seen"...

- All while having a great time, of course!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin