Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,333   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kerik Kouklis Workshop

Hi Folks,

Just to say that I have just completed a plt/pd and gum bichromate course with Kerik. The course was held at my home, in Scotland, with 3 other people taking part including John Brewer.

Kerik provided an inspirational workshop - great teacher, very generous with his expertise - which is vast, and keen to provide help and encouragement. As part of the course he showed some of his own work which is stunning - something to aspire too in years to come! I can't recommend a course with him highly enough or a chance to see his work through an exhibition, gallery or his website - www.kerik.com. In fact the course was so good Kerik is planning to come back to Scotland around this time next year to run another and possibly a wet-plate course to be hosted in London. Keep your eyes peeled!

All the best, Carl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Carl,

I agree with everything you said, whole-heartedly! Kerik is one of a kind, certainly one of the best (if not THE best) artists working in platinum today.

Gerhard
    [FONT=Georgia][COLOR=DimGray]Member of the Contact Printers Guild[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had Kerik's Gum over Pt workshop last fall. It was great to see his prints and learn this process from someone who have quite experience with it.

We are inviting him to Philadelphia, PA for Gum over Pt/Pd and Intermediate Pt/Pd workshops for this coming fall. Let us know if anyone is interested in these workshops.

http://www.projectbasho.org/workshops/

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi
    ----- P R O J E C T B A S H O -----
    Re-introducing Photography to Philadelphia
    Summer '11 Photography Workshops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have not had the pleasure of one of Kerik's workshops...but would (will) sign up if I ever get the chance. Have been 'talking' via the net with Kerik for a number of years now and must say he is always willing to offer what he knows and encourage other photographers. Any class would have to be outstanding...just like his work.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I took his workshop last October at his home and agree with all that has been said above.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have to agree with everything Carl has said. It was an amazing few days and Kerik is a natural teacher. Seeing Kerik's work was very inspiring. Anyone interested in learning Pt/Pd, with or without a gumover, won't be disappointed with one of Kerik's workshops.

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the kind words and especially thanks to Carl for the opportunity. Carl provided a warm and friendly environment for the workshop and we were lucky enough to have a truly fun and talented group in attendance. In fact, it was so much fun I'm planning to do it again next year and also conduct a wet plate workshop in London...
    Kerik Kouklis
    Platinum/Gum/Collodion
    www.kerik.com
    2014 Workshop Schedule Online

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin