Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,492   Online: 1014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Nelson/King workshp in Toronto

Mark Nelson (author of Precision Digital Negatives) and I will do a digital negative/Pt./Pd. printing workshop in Toronto at the Elevator Gallery the first week in December. I don't have the actual dates yet but just wanted to get this out for those who like to make their plans early. More details will be forthcoming.

Since the facility at Elevator is fairly large I am also willing to run a carbon workshop along with the Pt./Pd. workshop if anyone is interested. Actually, two people have already contacted me saying they are interested so I am pretty sure we will actually do this.

Sandy King

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Sandy, Are you planning on doing various carbon work shops in the coming year? And if so do you have a schedule of times and locations? Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP
    Sandy, Are you planning on doing various carbon work shops in the coming year? And if so do you have a schedule of times and locations? Thanks

Robert,

Have a look at the thread below from Jim Shanesy about a possible carbon workshop in Rockville, Md. at the Center for the Visual Arts. I am not sure when it will take place but my understanding is that there is already a failry good core of peple interested.

However, it definitely won't take place now at the end of September as I have been invitated to do a carbon workshop in Istanbul, Turkey during that period and plan to go if expenses can be worked out. And Jim knows that.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What level of experience with Pt/Pd is presumed/required? Is it going to assume that you already know how to do Pt/Pd printing and focus more on creating digital negs and how that changes things or is it going to start at "square one" with Pt/Pd printing?

I've never done any alt processes (yet) so if it starts with the basics of Pt/Pd then I'd be interested.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal
    What level of experience with Pt/Pd is presumed/required? Is it going to assume that you already know how to do Pt/Pd printing and focus more on creating digital negs and how that changes things or is it going to start at "square one" with Pt/Pd printing?

I've never done any alt processes (yet) so if it starts with the basics of Pt/Pd then I'd be interested.

The workshop does not require any level of experience with either making digital negatives or with printing in Pt./Pd. All you would need to bring would be some negatives that you would like to print in Pt./Pd. and Mark and I will take it from there. In fact, we assume that most of the participants will have no experience at either making digital negatives or at making Pt./Pd. print, or perhaps no experience with either.

Sandy

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi Sandy,

Exact dates pending, I would be very keen to attend your carbon workshop. Either in December or sometime next year. In any case, I look forward to your announcement of more details.

Best,

Markus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm definitely considering it. Exact dates and the usuall scheduling/cost issues could prevent me from attending but we'll see. It's relatively easy for me to make it up to Toronto from Halifax so that's not too much of a concern.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frugal
    I'm definitely considering it. Exact dates and the usuall scheduling/cost issues could prevent me from attending but we'll see. It's relatively easy for me to make it up to Toronto from Halifax so that's not too much of a concern.
    I will post the exact dates and cost as soon as I have them. Should be within a few days.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    For details on the Pt/Pd. printing workshop that will be conduhttp://www.elevatordigital.ca/workshops/nelsonking.pdf
    cted by Sandy King and Mark Nelson please go the the following site.

http://www.elevatordigital.ca/workshops/nelsonking.pdf

Click on Elevator at the far right to take you to the workshop home page.

Anyone with questions about the exact content of the workshop please feel free to contact me directly at sanking@clemson.edu.

Sandy King

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Bump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin