Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,557   Posts: 1,646,478   Online: 682

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Does the phrase "not being able to see the forest for the trees" have any applicability to said fortunate lady?

Myself, were I not the coward I am, and had we more than 1 bathroom my response would be to inform the lady of my house, should such a situation arise, to mind her own business. This is highly unlikely since nonody would be so foolish as to trust me with a dirty toilet..particularly given the frequency of my habit of missing the toilet..guess close don't count..

She would ask me "What do you call a man that has lost his mind" Before I could meekly mumble "Dunno" she would tell me "A widower".

If I had any high friends in low places I would ask them to help you. I feel fortunate that counting my friends causes absolutely no wear and tear on my fingers..just trying to keep a positive attitude.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    Hi Sandy,

Will you be hooking up with Loris Medici in Turkey? Seems like he might be a good contact.
    Hi Don.

Will definitely be connecting with Loris. In fact, Loris is very much involved with the orgnaization of this event.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Hi Don.

Will definitely be connecting with Loris. In fact, Loris is very much involved with the orgnaization of this event.

Sandy
    Oh, okay! Have fun
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hi,

In case anyone is interesed here is the web site of the organizers of this event.

http://www.ifsak.org/bienal/eng/index.html

Sandy

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    All the best Sandy, have a good one, i guess we will just have to wait here til you get back!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't beleive i am m issing this. Oh well.

I was born and raised in Istanbul. i moved to Vancouver when i was 18. I go back every once in a while to feed my homesickness.
    Turks are very friendly people and most of them in the Ancient part of the city will try anything to sell you souveniers.
    Once you move out of Istanbul to the smaller town and villages, you will realize how pleasent Turks really are. The hospitality will leave your jaw on the floor.

There is so much to photograph and so little time.

If i could be of any help let me know.

cheers

Images
    Sanking, how did this work out? How's the workshop?
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    congratulations sandy!
    if you find yourself in the eastern parts,
    some of the medevil armenian churches may still
    be around, they are quite beautiful- ornate biblical carvings
    around the entire church, free-standing domes (they invented it) ...

http://www.sacred-destinations.com/t...ian-church.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose Gravel View Post
    Sanking, how did this work out? How's the workshop?
    The visit to Turkey was a great experience. There were a dozen workshop participants and they did a really great job in learning the process and making prints. The organizers were also very helpful in showing me arond the city and on excusions outside of Istanbul.

The IFSAK exhibitions were all over Istanbul, but several of them were in the grounds of the Topaki Palace in the old part of the city, very close to thie Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. My own exhibition was in an old mint within the palace, and the prints were hung in proximity to some of the ole equipment used in making coins, a very intriguing look.

On exhibitions outside of the city I visited some sites on the Black Sea, the city of Edire which is just adjacent to Bulgaria, and several other interesing sites. One of these was a 6th century Christian monastery that was literally carved out of the side of a hill. I made many nice negatives from the excusions and in Istanbul and plan to eventually print them as a portfolion of some 15-20 prints.

Met some nice people and made a few good friends, including Loris Medici, who was my contact person there, and Bulent Ozgoren, who was kind enough to take me on several excursions. Both Loris and Bulent are outstanding photograhers, both members of the IFSAK.

Sandy King

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin